Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The PvP testing area (live!)

Gh scrolls should intake same mana as FSes imho, and well, regular GH with cover of 38 hp is more than enough man. Scroll is twice faster than FS ... you shouldn't be able just hold button and get out of any dump... Something as fast as GH scroll should be only used only when you are going to die otherwise becuase it's plainly too easy to heal up with that. Yes I know it heals less, but lol before that if U had full mana and was hit hard(lets say to 20hp) u could just press button gh scroll button 4 times, and heal your hp back to 100 while being actively FSed and almost regardless of having slow timing .. I mean twice faster scroll shouldn't get used too often, it should be more about the spell as their speed is equal, but spell intakes 11 mana vs 26... thats like huge... That isn't good at all...
Imho, you use spell or well, you'd have to deal with major mana problems... Outtime your enemy and you always will be ahead man. Never use scroll unless the following FS kills ya. If you can't time that, well then it's opponent who is faster - deserves to win ... theres not much dynamics we can use imo:/ And regular GH being 38 is just fine, man, count it and u will realize that healing is rather easy still.. I myself indeed hated how much survivibility we had.. I mean all this pvp was promoting is big team vs big team :/ because being faster than somene would never help as teammates would spam the guy with gh\reflect scrolls right away. Never happened on INX because everyone knew, we have 100 mana gh scroll worths 29... it was used at extra need really rarely, and was very important not to mix it... All that was matter is being fast on switching weapons...:/(ofcourse it's an exaggeration but it was rather up on that than on your reaction or how good you time the spells...)
Agree with rest of your points tho, but I'd like it to be otherwise though hitting everytime is rather useless, make it so ressurect has a chance to fail with dex less than 100, that aids almost useless and so on... Some minus at str less than 100 as well. I mean, if we didn't intend the classes in first place, we should somehow promote being 100/100/100. But having a certain stats at 120 should still be helpful for certain situations, and it will be...

Artur Wrote:Don't make gh scrolls more useless than it is now.. 23 mana is sick. You have written "Greater Heal scrolls intake slightly less mana." but now the mana intake is 23 so it's 2 more than it is currently. In this case gh spell should heal same hp as fs scroll.

Yes, successive posts include further changes, one of which was to change the mana to 23. I dispute that it is useless though, 36hp in 1s is very potent. The mana cost is difficult to balance, the spell needs to be usable but extensive use is prohibited by the high mana cost, the reason for this is that the HPS value of GH scrolls are higher than any DPS value of any damage spell in the game by quite some way, were the mana cost to be lower people would be literally impossible to kill.

he alternative is to reduce the mana cost and increase the cast time, but in this case I feel the spell would cease to serve a useful and unique purpose. Further changes may happen and I will be monitoring GH scrolls in particularly but I think in its current form it should be still be quite useful.

Artur Wrote:I think there should be also some penalties for ppl with 60 dex to avoid making group of gankers with 120str and 120 int like monks guild. For example players should be able to always hit them with melee without missing. Leather armor like dragon scalemail should give more ar than 52 (full exp) and gives big bonus for archery, and with 120 dex it should give for example 40% faster swinging with bow/crossbow/heavy crossbow because currently nobody uses leather armors and archery.

At 60 dexterity the following penalties will apply: Weapon swings take 40% longer, bandages will fail just over 13% of the time, bandage minimum heal will be 0hp and the maximum heal is also nerfed (I forgot the exact value but probably something like -8). These are quite significant nerfs for low dex and certainly make it difficult to duel. In world PvP there will still be benefits to 120/120/60 statline and if that is how some people want to play it should be possible, but there are associated penalties.

I am currently happy with leather armour AR, it is more likely plate will come down, all my changes are predicated upon the assumption that most people wear AR in the 40s and that AR benefits top out at 60.

At 120 dexterity you will have 8% faster weapon swings, only a 5% chance of bandage failure, bandage minimum heals of 5 and a slight increase in the maximum heal (again can't remember exactly but we are talking +2 maybe - this may seem a small bonus but the +5 to minimum and tiny fail chance make bandies a lot more reliable at this dex level). There are currently no archery-specific bonuses, weapon hitting and archery will be addressed in a later patch when I have had more time to think about it, but 40% faster swing is unfeasible I'm afraid.

40% on a black widow would be nuts. Id like to see bows come into play, but obviously its a delicate balance. If they are to good then why use a melee weapon at all?

Ramza Wrote:40% on a black widow would be nuts. Id like to see bows come into play, but obviously its a delicate balance. If they are to good then why use a melee weapon at all?

Agreed.

Ar of leather armors is ok, but I think dragon scale mail full exp should be better than it is now. There is no point in wearing it in pvp because it would be a shame to lose 18 dameon steel when you can wear dwarven or mythril armor while it has the same armor rate. Another issue is greater strenght and agility potion, in my opinion 30 s delay is too long and make it a little useless, it would be nice with 15 s delay so you can use them both, now its no point in drinking g strenght and waiting 30 s before fight to drink g agility when 90% of players cast clumsy and your dex is down.. with 15 s delay it would be worth of drinking it and wont block drinking your mana pot for that long. These two potions should last a little more. Now it has same lasting as bless spell I believe.

Artur Wrote:Ar of leather armors is ok, but I think dragon scale mail full exp should be better than it is now. There is no point in wearing it in pvp because it would be a shame to lose 18 dameon steel when you can wear dwarven or mythril armor while it has the same armor rate. Another issue is greater strenght and agility potion, in my opinion 30 s delay is too long and make it a little useless, it would be nice with 15 s delay so you can use them both, now its no point in drinking g strenght and waiting 30 s before fight to drink g agility when 90% of players cast clumsy and your dex is down.. with 15 s delay it would be worth of drinking it and wont block drinking your mana pot for that long. These two potions should last a little more. Now it has same lasting as bless spell I believe.

Agreed. I also think that mana pots should have differnet animation! I mean when I requested some way to determine which potion opponent just drunk I mainly was speaking of a way to see if he just put himself onto that half-minute delay...