Poll: More Team Tournies? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, there should there be more Team tournies, like CTF's, Color Wars ,FFA's
100.00%
100.00%
No, two 1 v 1 tournies are enough
0%
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Host More Team Events!/Tourneys

Honestly, there are usually two tournies a day, which are both 1v1's. The same people tend to win these tournies, and therefore it gets boring for the rest of the players. So, I feel as if there should be more team events such as TEAM FFA, CTF, 1v1 Rep, 2v2 Rep, Color Wars, that would get the shard more involved rather then these 1 vs 1. This is just a suggestion for more players to enjoy there experience on the shard, as well as get new players which is the main goal in making this shard grow more and more

-Cubix Squarix.

This would be awesome! I haven't seen any event last week or the week before between 5pm and midnight EST really...

When someone hosts an event maybe they could post about it on a forum so we can keep track of what's going on... playing during Eastern Time (GMT -5) I don't feel like anything happens except the occasional fuss at bridge between Ghost and Phototype.

same not sure why color wars or CTF havnt been being used much

This is a no-brainer. I dont know why it stopped. We used to have these events often in the past and since more players joined they dwindled to next to never. We should at least have a Colorwars/ctf once per week on the weekend.

Cubix Squarix Wrote:Honestly, there are usually two tournies a day, which are both 1v1's. The same people tend to win these tournies, and therefore it gets boring for the rest of the players. So, I feel as if there should be more team events such as TEAM FFA, CTF, 1v1 Rep, 2v2 Rep, Color Wars, that would get the shard more involved rather then these 1 vs 1. This is just a suggestion for more players to enjoy there experience on the shard, as well as get new players which is the main goal in making this shard grow more and more

-Cubix Squarix.

Just like we were talking about dude, I'm glad you posted it.

I completely agree! Player base seems to be dropping a tad and this could definately help out. We need things that the shard can do "Together." People don't play ONLINE so that they play alone. I strongly support this suggestion. Great!

Cubix Squarix Wrote:Honestly, there are usually two tournies a day, which are both 1v1's. The same people tend to win these tournies, and therefore it gets boring for the rest of the players. So, I feel as if there should be more team events such as TEAM FFA, CTF, 1v1 Rep, 2v2 Rep, Color Wars, that would get the shard more involved rather then these 1 vs 1. This is just a suggestion for more players to enjoy there experience on the shard, as well as get new players which is the main goal in making this shard grow more and more

-Cubix Squarix.

I completely agree, I actually enjoy team events much more than 1vs1 believe it or not. But then again you need staff who will be willing to host those specific tours for you. Last time there was a tour I think it was bushidos 1v1 and before that fliks tour which was long ago when there is like 10 staff members on the team..

1 event every day almost from my point. Event makes the shard running. Prize should be special, not only nickels, i puke at nickels at the moment xD

There are a bunch of reasons why there haven't been more events recently:

1) It's Easter and even staff take holidays. We are after all, actually real people!

2) I've been busy with the PvP changes and not doing in-game things.

3) There is a ridiculous amount of disrespect towards staff at events, this doesn't personally bother me since I don't really care, but other members of staff get upset or annoyed and this saps their willingness to run events since it basically ruins their gaming time - and as I have said, staff are people too, this is a game we are playing for fun as well.

That said, once the PvP changes are in I will get back to trying to run a few events a week.

Of course nobody would vote "no" to more events, events are fun! But that doesn't mean that we don't already have events tho.

I also agree that more staffmembers should host more events tho, and I am sure Taran is teaching them how to do that so that they will host more in the future.

I don't know about the others but I host at least one events / day myself. PvP school at least once every day and then a CTF/Color Wars every now and then. I'm sorry if some of you missed them tho, we probably have different timezones. I don't have a lot of sparetime apart from that but I can probably throw in another CTF or CW every now and then tho, because I like it when you guys have fun thanks to my powerful hand Wink

I agree with Loki that you have to be a bit kinder to new staffmembers tho. They are not as "hard skinned" as some of us, they are most likely former players who thinks its fun to help you on their sparetime, and keep in mind that they do NOT get payed for doing so. Yes you can expect them to do something, because thats what they were hired for, no need to have staffmembers who doesn't do anything, right? But that still doesn't mean that you get to be rude to them or treat them in a bad way, that way you'll just get less events and most likely in the end also less staffmembers. So - be nice to them! It will aid us all in the long run Wink

And if you think some staffmembers aren't doing anything then its better to mail Taran about that, if you want some action taken that is.

- Helper

I am in the EST time zone Smile I host at least two events a night. Sometime I do boxing ffa, sometimes I do ctf. I'm doing my best to keep events going but I also have pages to answer and such. I'll try and do more though.

With that said, I have yet to host an event where it was a positive and fun experience for me, as the presiding staff member. There is a great deal of pointless negativity and unfounded accusations placed against me no matter the event I run: be it simply hiding gold in Brit or doing a boxing FFA.

This negativity needs to stop or I may burn out dealing with the drama. Just a fact of life folks.

Discord Wrote:I am in the EST time zone Smile I host at least two events a night. Sometime I do boxing ffa, sometimes I do ctf. I'm doing my best to keep events going but I also have pages to answer and such. I'll try and do more though.

With that said, I have yet to host an event where it was a positive and fun experience for me, as the presiding staff member. There is a great deal of pointless negativity and unfounded accusations placed against me no matter the event I run: be it simply hiding gold in Brit or doing a boxing FFA.

This negativity needs to stop or I may burn out dealing with the drama. Just a fact of life folks.

oh you've done a perfect job so far since day you've joined Smile <3