Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Incoming PvP changes and PvP testing.

Club is not bladed, so no you can't.

Loki Wrote:Club is not bladed, so no you can't.

ah, sorry. still think that this is not a good idea.

I think hold off judgement till you've at least tried. Which will be soon.

Azzo Wrote:I think hold off judgement till you've at least tried. Which will be soon.

well, i wasn't judging "number" aspect i just think that the whole concept to make only 1 handed weapon poisoned is not a good idea. It was always about Fencing - poisoning, Sword - crit, Mace - biggest dmg and crashing armors.

I agree with Por Corp Wis on this.

That was the general consensus on the weapon system during the sphere51a era.

Actually it wasn't.

Default 51a does not include stamina drain on mace weapons, nor do swords do any extra critical damage, also all bladed weapons both fencing and swords are poisonable. I have a copy of Sphere 0.51a on my computer and I have checked these things - also I still have a pretty good memory for how IN1 worked as well.

Furthermore, currently on live polearms cannot be poisoned but all other bladed weapons - both swords and fencing - can be, and there is no critical hit mechanism. Despite what people believe there is simply a minimum damage and a maximum damage, this mechanism is the same for all three weapon skills, there is no critical hit % or function at all.

The system you are referring to is OSI publish 17/18 pre-AoS, and may also have been other versions of Sphere (I have only experienced 51a).

Therefore, given that the system is currently not, and never has been, what you are describing, I see no reason why we cannot deviate from it if there is justification to do so (see my original reply regarding this issue).

Oh, I was going more in the direction that I miss being able to poison bladed two-hand weapons. :<

My point is that if poison can be applied mana-free whilst simultaneously bashing with the strongest weapons available then I cannot really improve its role in PvP without overpowering those same weapons. By making it so poison can only be used on comparatively weak weapons or cast for mana using the spell then my hands are no longer tied in this way and I am more free to improve the healing/poison mechanism.

Alright, I can't argue with sound logic.

That doesn't mean I won't stop missing my beloved DP'ed sup acc vanq halberd/bardiche. :>

well, Loki, i'm not arguing. We need to see the whole picture and let you finish what you've started and only then discuss. But i said what is more logic, imho ofc.

Loki Wrote:A few reasons...
1) I've buffed poison quite a bit (healing mitigation) and I wanted this to be balanced around the fact that you must expend mana to get the benefit (cast the Poison spell) otherwise I worried it could be overpowered.

2) However, single handed blade weapons are generally too weak right now. Ignoring SDKs etc. for the time being that is (will probably have to do something about them later). So it was a good indirect way of giving these weapons a buff such that they serve a purpose, also it adds some complexity to the "warrior" element of PvP which may be good for people who want to go down that path.

I wanted to make as many spells and weapons useful as possible, but I didn't want to overpower things, so I've gone for the approach of trying to give things unique purposes - in this case single handed blade weapons serve the purpose of being a cheap and easy way to poison enemies without expending your mana, but bigger two handed weapons continue to serve the purpose of being primary damage dealers and having a more reliable damage output.

if this is the case maybe you can consider making poison last longer. For instance deadly poison should last longer than it currently does.

I will have to check how long it currently lasts and how much damage it does. To be honest I think it may already last rather a long time and changing that may have a negative impact on PvM. But, I will take a look at the script later and see if it needs tweaking - I'm going out for dinner now though so it will have to wait.