Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Incoming PvP changes and PvP testing.

I really like these changes , step into the right direction for a more complex and interesting pvp system imo.
And to smoke , i dont want to go into long discuessions because its tiring , i just tell you as a player that i would not be happy with little armor and weapon tweaks.
And poisening having an effect on healing as is lowers it is great , better than what ive seen on other shards (Like poisening being a complete heal-stopper).

Azuru Wrote:I really like these changes , step into the right direction for a more complex and interesting pvp system imo.
And to smoke , i dont want to go into long discuessions because its tiring , i just tell you as a player that i would not be happy with little armor and weapon tweaks.
And poisening having an effect on healing as is lowers it is great , better than what ive seen on other shards (Like poisening being a complete heal-stopper).

There already is healing blocking with bandages, if you get poisoned in ganks before you cure you can have 3 fses on you even 2 and maybe a lighting before you CAN'T recover it's a really bad idea and it can hurt the shard experienced players will use this to their advantage BIG TIME. This is a little example imagine 7v7 ganks it will be so silly..

Mael Wrote:my only concern with the poison is that there is going to be someone in a gank squad solely to poison everyone...and with the higher fs damage just getting fsed down in like 2seconds(while not being able to heal fully)

Yes, i've been saying that for the last 3-4 posts.. using poison scrolls is even faster than the gh spell and pretty close to the scroll as well..

my only concern with the poison is that there is going to be someone in a gank squad solely to poison everyone...and with the higher fs damage just getting fsed down in like 2seconds(while not being able to heal fully)

I agree with Mael and Depth, poision will just ruin ganks because one person cud posion everyone as stated by Mael, and it will just not be fun anymore to gank, i can see in 1 v1's thats fine, but during ganks it will just frustrate the crap out of many people including me. But the Pvp Changes are great no doubt Loki ; )

Cure is faster and less mana than poison, also cure potions can be used. Furthermore, a person casting poison is not casting FS (or whatever). Give it a chance to get tested, it isn't live globally yet and most the people replying here haven't even tried it yet.

Edit: Also you should realise that GH and heal still heal pretty good amounts even when poisoned and GH potion ignores poison completely as well.

sm0ke Wrote:There already is healing blocking with bandages, if you get poisoned in ganks before you cure you can have 3 fses on you even 2 and maybe a lighting before you CAN'T recover it's a really bad idea and it can hurt the shard experienced players will use this to their advantage BIG TIME. This is a little example imagine 7v7 ganks it will be so silly..

Well if i get ganked by 3 expirienced Players and cant find a way to get out of los ill die anyway , and isnt pvp always about experience?
Sorry i dont get your point , ganks are groups of players to ensure killing a single player , uo as a sandbox open world rpg encourages some things like that , unexpierienced players would die anyway without knowing any major mechanics about pvp.
And if you mean Teamfights , still why would i be surprised being burst down?

Loki Wrote:Cure is faster and less mana than poison, also cure potions can be used. Furthermore, a person casting poison is not casting FS (or whatever). Give it a chance to get tested, it isn't live globally yet and most the people replying here haven't even tried it yet.

Edit: Also you should realise that GH and heal still heal pretty good amounts even when poisoned and GH potion ignores poison completely as well.

I myself have tried it though, and i am an experienced player you can't heal if your poisoned and while your cureing there's already 3 fses coming at you so your already down on timing and on top of it your behind on healing. Not to mention whose to say the 3rd player of the 3 players just keeps poisoning you'll never even stand a chance.. it's not about a new dynamic to the pvp or having something take more skill it's just cheap in every way :/ Even in 1v1 it gets repetitive and boring quickly

Azuru Wrote:Well if i get ganked by 3 expirienced Players and cant find a way to get out of los ill die anyway , and isnt pvp always about experience?
Sorry i dont get your point , ganks are groups of players to ensure killing a single player , uo as a sandbox open world rpg encourages some things like that , unexpierienced players would die anyway without knowing any major mechanics about pvp.
And if you mean Teamfights , still why would i be surprised being burst down?

I'm sorry who are you? have you tested the pvp? have you even ganked on this shard and if you have how long and how many players have you killed? Half of the players here don't know what they talk about imo i'm sorry but considering I never even heard of you I have to stick you in that catagory considering this type of pvp you are inexperienced sir

Please im reading a bunch of this, can we have a voting pol or something with the changes, especially the no healing when poison change..

Most of you aren't inspiring me with your objectivity since, with the exception of the Prototype guys, you haven't even tried the changes yet!

Honestly, if you want a good way to get ignored it is to start whining when you have no basis and no experience yet.

Now I don't want to be a hard ass but this is how it is gonna work:

Testing first.

Feedback after.

Ok? Because I actually want to see how things work out, try to make things better, and not just stick my head in the sand.

Sm0ke, you have tried it, and that's fair enough, but you also have to understand that I want to see how it works for myself, and also want (informed) feedback from other people as well. That goes for all the changes.

Edit: That doesn't mean I'm ignoring what you are saying though, but this is the whole point of making a testing area.

sm0ke Wrote:I'm sorry who are you? have you tested the pvp? have you even ganked on this shard and if you have how long and how many players have you killed? Half of the players here don't know what they talk about imo i'm sorry but considering I never even heard of you I have to stick you in that catagory considering this type of pvp you are inexperienced sir

I've dipped into it , and i am inexpierienced in it because i did not practice , tho i have player a few system so dont tell me i can't make statements on this matter just because im not activly participating in it.
I've got a brain , i can use it to create those ganking situations and the effects generally on pvp in a raw manner , not in every detail , but after playing uo for many years i can tell you for damn sure i got an idea how these changes could work out.
And you did not answer my question , sir.