Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pathetic Economy

Okay I hope when I say this I'm not the only one who feels this way. The economy has gotten pretty pathetic and over saturated. I'm not %100 sure what can be changed to fix this but I have a few ideas and hopefully others can pitch in as well. The top of the list is AFK GATHERING this has ruined so many aspects of the economy and the Gm's don't do anything or care. You guys created a maze system that people have adapted to and now have it scripted so they can get out of it while afk. I would name some people I've seen afk macroing but Gm's don't do anything to them anyways. I think you need to start making it jail time instead of this silly maze. I wouldn't be surprised if 1/4 - 1/2 the shard have their own gm crafters because of this and maybe in combination with how easy resources are to get. This has made it to the point where the profits from gm'ing a skill are so small compared to how long it takes to create the items that its almost a waste of time. I also feel that two other things contribute greatly to the weak economy, maybe not as much as afk mining but still have an affect.

The regeant/supply stone has made it so that alchemists can only make small profits from their sales. I personally think bottles should only be makable or bought for a higher price than the cost of an iron ingot from a vendor. Also, there is a plant system that has plants that can grow regeants. Why not make it so that mage shops still sell some regeants but also plants have to supply a good part of the market?

Lastly, because I'm low on things to gripe about, I feel the melee system being so backwards has a negative affect on the economy simply because it lowers the need for almost half of the crafting community. What use do people have to buy higher end armors when A. You can be naked and if you're good do just fine in pvp and B. The difference between low/medium/high armors is slim. That is all I have for now... please comment so we can fix this hopefully because I think its time to actually worry about something other than pvp. Other than obviously maybe fixing the melee aspect.

If someone has a script for macroing the maze, please send it to me and I'll see if I can edit the maze so that it's not possible anymore. Otherwise, we're working on fixing the AFK mining problem. I'd like to avoid jail times as much as possible just in case we accidentally punish an honest mistake.

Dracolith Wrote:Okay I hope when I say this I'm not the only one who feels this way. The economy has gotten pretty pathetic and over saturated. I'm not 0 sure what can be changed to fix this but I have a few ideas and hopefully others can pitch in as well. The top of the list is AFK GATHERING this has ruined so many aspects of the economy and the Gm's don't do anything or care. You guys created a maze system that people have adapted to and now have it scripted so they can get out of it while afk. I would name some people I've seen afk macroing but Gm's don't do anything to them anyways. I think you need to start making it jail time instead of this silly maze. I wouldn't be surprised if 1/4 - 1/2 the shard have their own gm crafters because of this and maybe in combination with how easy resources are to get. This has made it to the point where the profits from gm'ing a skill are so small compared to how long it takes to create the items that its almost a waste of time. I also feel that two other things contribute greatly to the weak economy, maybe not as much as afk mining but still have an affect. The regeant/supply stone has made it so that alchemists can only make small profits from their sales. I personally think bottles should only be makable or bought for a higher price than the cost of an iron ingot from a vendor. Also, there is a plant system that has plants that can grow regeants. Why not make it so that mage shops still sell some regeants but also plants have to supply a good part of the market? Lastly, because I'm low on things to gripe about, I feel the melee system being so backwards has a negative affect on the economy simply because it lowers the need for almost half of the crafting community. What use do people have to buy higher end armors when A. You can be naked and if you're good do just fine in pvp and B. The difference between low/medium/high armors is slim. That is all I have for now... please comment so we can fix this hopefully because I think its time to actually worry about something other than pvp. Other than obviously maybe fixing the melee aspect.

Not much more I can add to this, I totally agree.

I feel like everything is focused on PvP and crafting is only there to supply PvP rather than making it an actual fun and enjoyable pass time for those of us who actually like to craft. Everyone can afk gather with no real consequence and buy bulk regs/supplies to train with so soon enough they'll just be supplying their own gear leaving the people who want to craft without any real use. This may not be the case but it sure feels like that....

Eru Wrote:If someone has a script for macroing the maze, please send it to me and I'll see if I can edit the maze so that it's not possible anymore. Otherwise, we're working on fixing the AFK mining problem. I'd like to avoid jail times as much as possible just in case we accidentally punish an honest mistake.

Somehow I doubt anyone with such a script would hand it over.... Especially if it means they'll lose the ability to continue to break the rules.

Ok... well I'm not sure why someone who has the script would give it up. But what about jailing people who are obviously doing it on purpose? I know theres plenty of them and people say they report them but nothing happens as a result.

Dracolith Wrote:Ok... well I'm not sure why someone who has the script would give it up. But what about jailing people who are obviously doing it on purpose? I know theres plenty of them and people say they report them but nothing happens as a result.
If anyone is caught circumventing the AFK checks, all their ore and ingots are deleted and their mining is set to 0.0

I would also like to add, I don't think you'll do this but I think it would help, no guarded mines! I know I mine in icebluedel but I started before it was guarded and asked for it to be unguarded when I found out. This really will lower the amount of materials in the market thus rising prices.

I think making reagents growable would be pretty cool. Rather than remove bulk reagent scrolls, I'd rather see the price go up. Maybe 6 per reagent? I dunno specifically what would be good, but something higher than only .5g a reagent more per reagent.

EDIT: Replace making reagents growable with promoting growing reagents.

Azzo Wrote:I think making reagents growable would be pretty cool. Rather than remove bulk reagent scrolls, I'd rather see the price go up. Maybe 6 per reagent? I dunno specifically what would be good, but something higher than only .5g a reagent more per reagent.

EDIT: Replace making reagents growable with promoting growing reagents.

How will this help the market? the main suppliers who already have a ton of scrolls or resources made will profit from it EVEN more than it already is right now off free money since regs and resource prices would be changed. It wouldn't be logical or the way to go imo on this one.

Removing the reg bulk vendor alone would increase prices due to people actually having to buy their own regs and them not being lazy and such I think that's the best option at this point

Ayleth Payne Wrote:Not much more I can add to this, I totally agree.

I feel like everything is focused on PvP and crafting is only there to supply PvP rather than making it an actual fun and enjoyable pass time for those of us who actually like to craft. Everyone can afk gather with no real consequence and buy bulk regs/supplies to train with so soon enough they'll just be supplying their own gear leaving the people who want to craft without any real use. This may not be the case but it sure feels like that....

Somehow I doubt anyone with such a script would hand it over.... Especially if it means they'll lose the ability to continue to break the rules.

Well what do you expect? what else is there too when your finished all your crafting skills? when you have all your skills in the game and can sell anything who are the biggest purchasers? well ofc pvper's they actually play the game instead of macroing or collecting items. I don't know what your purpose we do how is having items in your bank an enjoyable pass time rather than selling it and making money off pvpers who will actually use them and have your brand on their armors? I agree this whole mining script should have never been created from the beginning it ruins the skill completely. But as for the current state of choosing who to sell to what kind of players there's not much change that can possibly happen besides the person wanting to buy the product.

I also agree that nobody would hand such a script over if they had it it's only logical to assume so.

business 101 supply and demand..

sm0ke Wrote:Well what do you expect? what else is there too when your finished all your crafting skills? when you have all your skills in the game and can sell anything who are the biggest purchasers? well ofc pvper's they actually play the game instead of macroing or collecting items. I don't know what your purpose we do how is having items in your bank an enjoyable pass time rather than selling it and making money off pvpers who will actually use them and have your brand on their armors? I agree this whole mining script should have never been created from the beginning it ruins the skill completely. But as for the current state of choosing who to sell to what kind of players there's not much change that can possibly happen besides the person wanting to buy the product.

Well see that's my point, there is more than just PvP, I'm not saying PvP shouldn't be a big aspect of the game because that would just be stupid. What I was trying to say is there are more aspects to this game than JUST PvP, what about PvM, quests, RP'ing, socializing and crafting items to sell? those are all parts of the game too. So I fail to see what you mean by "what else is there too when your finished all your crafting skills?" there is plenty for me to do, I plan to go out hunting, craft items to sell to everyone (including those that PvP).

I don't think you quite understand my point here... PvP isn't the only part of this game, yes it is a large part but not the only part and right now everyone is easily training craft skills due to easy AFK resource collecting which means crafters won't have much of a market cos most will be self-suppyling.. You're quick to jump when anyone even mentions PvP because that's what you do, I how ever don't. I like to craft but without a market I have no purpose which is depressing as I like it here. Anyway take it how you like, that's the way I see it and so do many other crafters.

sm0ke Wrote:How will this help the market? the main suppliers who already have a ton of scrolls or resources made will profit from it EVEN more than it already is right now off free money since regs and resource prices would be changed. It wouldn't be logical or the way to go imo on this one.

Removing the reg bulk vendor alone would increase prices due to people actually having to buy their own regs and them not being lazy and such I think that's the best option at this point

You're right, I hadn't thought of that aspect, it would be worse to just increase the price. I'm all for removing the stone instead.

Ayleth Payne Wrote:Well see that's my point, there is more than just PvP, I'm not saying PvP shouldn't be a big aspect of the game because that would just be stupid. What I was trying to say is there are more aspects to this game than JUST PvP, what about PvM, quests, RP'ing, socializing and crafting items to sell? those are all parts of the game too. So I fail to see what you mean by "what else is there too when your finished all your crafting skills?" there is plenty for me to do, I plan to go out hunting, craft items to sell to everyone (including those that PvP).

I don't think you quite understand my point here... PvP isn't the only part of this game, yes it is a large part but not the only part and right now everyone is easily training craft skills due to easy AFK resource collecting which means crafters won't have much of a market cos most will be self-suppyling.. You're quick to jump when anyone even mentions PvP because that's what you do, I how ever don't. I like to craft but without a market I have no purpose which is depressing as I like it here. Anyway take it how you like, that's the way I see it and so do many other crafters.

I'm just saying PvPer's are pretty much the main target sellers because you won't see people going out in the world hunting with lets say sapphire for example or a hells halberd, I am quick to defend the PvP but this has nothing to do with the PvP it has solely to do with people not wanting to either buy items or their self supplying them selves, the reason for this is all the automated autosupplied events. Even though everyone has gotten so use to it it's the worse thing possible, without it weapons armor and everything matters much more if you want a fair fight you need the appropriate gear to do so.

My thoughts on some skills and improvements that can help the situation

For what it's worth inscription is very hard now nearly impossible to GM it without spending over 1.5+ mil in gold not sure you will even make a profit in that time due that everyone can make lighting scrolls when they start off so why would anybody buy them?
Alchmey isn't too tough but it makes decent money still because it's the most used thing on the shard
Mining - Pretty easy since every one afk all the time something should be done to stop flooding armors at low prices
Blacksmith - I hear it's nearly impossible to train, yet it doesn't take long to burn through iron just mining it takes long so i would say Blacksmithing is fairly easy just pricey
Lumberjacking - duno never done it, it was long on INX
Fishing - duno never done it, it was long on INX
Tailoring is pretty much a joke if you ask me, you get a tub of your color choice for spending 250k to GM it, when a regular random rare dye tub is 250k? If your gonna get to choose the color you want make it cost at least 500-800k imo.

sm0ke Wrote:I'm just saying PvPer's are pretty much the main target sellers because you won't see people going out in the world hunting with lets say sapphire for example or a hells halberd

I actually couldn't agree more, I have no issue with who is buying stuff and understand the biggest market is PvP.

sm0ke Wrote:I am quick to defend the PvP but this has nothing to do with the PvP it has solely to do with people not wanting to either buy items or their self supplying them selves, the reason for this is all the automated autosupplied events. Even though everyone has gotten so use to it it's the worse thing possible, without it weapons armor and everything matters much more if you want a fair fight you need the appropriate gear to do so.

The first part is what I was saying all along, self supplying and/or no one buying which causes a bad market for those who are wishing to focus more on crafting than anything else. Second part makes a good argument actually, never really thought of that reasoning, good point.

sm0ke Wrote:Tailoring is pretty much a joke if you ask me, you get a tub of your color choice for spending 250k to GM it, when a regular random rare dye tub is 250k? If your gonna get to choose the color you want make it cost at least 500-800k imo.

Um please explain lol? So far I've spent 340k and I'm only up to 90% in tailoring, how did you come to this figure? (not trying to start an argument I honestly want to know where the hell I've gone wrong...)