Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Funny Vendor Name

It is very ironic that the first vendor in the player vendor search has Aa as the first letters so that they are first to appear in the list. The second thing I find funny about that vendor is it is the only vendor to have two names ...
If this player or gm named there vendor specifically I would also like to name mine as I highly doubt that player lucked out.(especially because he has First & Last name. How ever if I am wrong I am sorry for the accusation.

Can someone of higher power inquire about this ? as it would be a unfair advantage if he was named. Or if you don't think its unfair please come name mine with three A's.

Do you really serach from A-Z on vendor names? Id dare say 99.999999999999999% of people know what they are looking for and use the filters... so who cares what that call it...

out of curiosity id like to know if it was changed ? regardless if you think that everyone would use the search filter, if it was changed obviously it has a reason that it was changed.
I would like to name my vendor, rather then it being random. So if someone else has had it changed then id like to name mine also.

We don't name player vendors so I'm guessing it's just a coincidence. But I've spoken to Rob about it and we will probably add some sort of randomize function for the first page.

That would be neat. It's very odd that the vendor has two names.

Elcid Wrote:Do you really serach from A-Z on vendor names? Id dare say 99.999999999999999% of people know what they are looking for and use the filters... so who cares what that call it...

This. You can also sort by any of the fields, it just sorts by the Vendor Name by default.

soMa Wrote:That would be neat. It's very odd that the vendor has two names.

That is odd however Aasin is in the name list so he lucked out when his vendor was created. The only other name that would come first is Aaron.

Taran Wrote:We don't name player vendors so I'm guessing it's just a coincidence. But I've spoken to Rob about it and we will probably add some sort of randomize function for the first page.

I'd actually prefer to require there to be a search entered before showing any items, then after that point you could sort by price or whatever.

It's all set up nicely, it would be nice to have to search before anything pops up.

I like & hate the vendor search thing on the forums, it takes away from going to look at the vendors & interaction between players.
The plus side it saves time from looking through all the poorly organized vendors.

I have yet to see another vendor with two names

Shad Wrote:I have yet to see another vendor with two names

yeah, i havent seen any other vendor with two names....

It also sits on the seat at the piano on the 2nd floor of buymore I believe, possibly a gm helped place and name the vendor>

That got me wondering, I was sure i saw that vendor was named "John Lennon" at one point. I checked the logs and it was. The original vendor name was Aasin though so I suppose I could change it back to that. It will still be on the first page though, hehe.

I did do a search yesterday for vendors/npcs with the name Aasin and there is another one in the world.