Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crafted weapons, their quests and ingredients

Ok so after spending a few months ive gotten to the point with my crafting skills that i can make the higher end weapons. I like the slow skill gain so no complaints on that at all. The fact that ive spent upwards of 6 million worth of gold is fine with me.

Time to craft so useful stuff then? Nope not even close.

The quests for judgement hammer, hells halberd and likely also dwarven axe are freakishly hard for a single person, completely impossible for someone like me that wants to focus on crafting and not learn all the little tricks of the combat system.
I got through the Chu-ko-nu by cheating(google) since i had never heard of the things needed for that area.
The diamond katana second section is apparently random teleporters and after trial and error for an hour i gave up. If you want to do that put enough hints on signs in the room so its actually fun to do it, not just one endless frustrating pile of crap.

The special ingredients, Glowing Ingots and Flesh of the Undead, are placed on monsters that are very very difficult to kill. I never even got to the monster that drops flesh because the lead in rooms are nothing but suicidal and have monsters that can't be provoked.

I would very much like to see that these ingredients are made much much easier to get, basically to the point that flesh of the undead drops from Liches. Glowing Ingots should be drops from the elementals that spawn in mines. Same level should go for all the special ingredients for the crafted weapons, these are just the ones i know how to get.

Along side this a general reduction in normal ingredients would help bring down the prices for crafted weapons. Assuming i could get glowing ingots or undead flesh i would never sell a hammer or halberd for less than 100k with current cost of crafting.
Making pvp(and co-incidentally PvM) cheaper is good right?

ok man,
here is my deal

i have judgment hammer and black widow recipes, but i have none of the skills required cause I'm one week old player and focusing on pvm and pvp atm

I can give you the recipe of the black widow, but you must give me 100k as warranty, that i'll give you back once you give me the black widow.. (this way i get the crossbow and you get the recipe in return, which you may use multiple times in the future)

Same story with the judgment hammer, even if i care less about this
i can even get you glowing ingots in case..

now tell me what you think about
farewell

I dont have fletching so cant use the black widow recipe. Gabugg was nice enough to give me the recipe for judgement hammer and Vys helped with hells halberd.

The thread is more about the need to reduce the difficulty on the quests so that a crafter can do them and making the special ingredients easier to get.

That said i would be happy to buy your glowing ingots.

Are these items any better than vanq? How much more damage do they do? If they are that difficult to attain I hope its worth it for you crafters because you can buy the best vanq halberd for 15k quite easily. I don't see people paying much more than that for craftable weapons unless they are far superior to vanq.

From what ive been told they are roughly equal to vanqs.

The black widow is not equal vanq... its superior!! i've used vanq heavy xbow before black widow and i can tell you, the black widow is waaaaay better! also i think the superior diamond katana is also another very powerfull weapon!! the problem with the superior katana is that the monster that drops blue diamond takes long to spawn and it roughly drops it! i have killed it around 5 times so far and only one blue diamond! which i had to use to craft the diamond katana.. i need another one for the superior now hoping i wont fail...
the flesh of the undead i have no idea of where it might be though =/