Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Doors, Dungeons.

I have been running around and noticing some things that I believe should be fixed. They are as follows:

I read that other people have been inside Khaldun, but the entrance I know of isnt working and doesnt teleport you into the dungeon when you walk over the invisible teleporters. (The entrance is near the T2A entrance by Minoc.
The doors around pretty much every town seem to be glitched or working improperly because I can only enter through one door of a set of double doors. It really throws me off when I am using razor to automatically open doors and when I run up to a set of double doors the one on the right does nothing while facing it, but the one on the left opens. I walk to the left door and it closes because it was open and I ran into it trying to walk through the open door, therefore it closes and I have to look away and face the door again.
Also, most of the dungeons seemed to be spawned but the only problem with the layout of the dungeons are that they are all gated/walled up and turned into confined spaces. This wouldnt be so bad but as soon as you enter the dungeon it becomes a maze and you are left to figure out the maze while a Lich Lord, Two skele archers, a mummy, and a skeleton beat on you (Deceit for example). I use provoke and there is still no way possible that I can provoke all of these monsters in such a small space and such little time. The other day two guys died in the dungeon Deceit and when I entered to help them kill the monsters inside so they could retrieve their belonging turned out to be a death trap. As soon as I entered the dungeon I was already at 1/3 health. There are plenty of signs around pointing out I am going to die, but since there are no taming of dragons, I just dont stand a chance in the situation.

If anyone else has had a situation like this, I would love to hear about it.

Lol there's sign all around the entry saying its dangerous and enter at your own risk, though it was a joke?

Actually, the custom dungeons is the thing I like the most in the PvM here. Especially deceit. Lich lord and a mummy don't exactly .kill...
And yeah, it's so much better to kill the mobs first, then read the clues. Some people like the challange, thats why deceit isn't the only dungeon around.

Provoking mummy to attack lich lord takes about 3 seconds, and if two skeleton achers are able to kill you then you definitely shouldn't go deceit.

Gang Wrote:and if two skeleton achers are able to kill you then you definitely shouldn't go deceit.

you should be training if that happens

Yeah but provoking isnt possible if you are attacked because you are too preoccupid with fighting, and then you have to tab out. The area is too small because the Lich Lord does half of all HP with one FS.

Prep an invis spell before you enter that first room. As soon as you get in, target yourself. This will allow you to summon BS or an EV, which will also provide you with a better chance to provoke.

Honestly though, the first room there is one of the easiest. You might just stay out of Deceit if you can't get through it.

The thing is, not everyone relies on Magery so heavily. I only use magery for teleporting on occasion, mark, and recalling. Im fairly new so there isnt a real need to use magery atm. Money gives me more options for skills. Skills that require resources that is.

But I also dont expect being attacked as soon as I walk through a dungeon door. Usually there is a little "grace" period where I actually walk 20 steps before I am provided with a monster to kill.

allsuperior Wrote:The thing is, not everyone relies on Magery so heavily. I only use magery for teleporting on occasion, mark, and recalling. Im fairly new so there isnt a real need to use magery atm. Money gives me more options for skills. Skills that require resources that is.

But I also dont expect being attacked as soon as I walk through a dungeon door. Usually there is a little "grace" period where I actually walk 20 steps before I am provided with a monster to kill.

magery is one of the most resourceful and used skill on this shard, energy vortex is your friends, well sometimes

Well my character and account is 11 days old, and I have around 400k. I accomplished this without using magery to kill one monster. Died multiple times by PKs and lost some stuff i would consider "slightly valuable". I recovered and continued on. I just want to see some fixes with some dungeons. like despise... I didnt spend much time trying to figure this out, but is there even a way to get further into the dungeon? I gave up when i was concerned about being pk'd. I dont think there is a need for all the "maze" like scenario's inside a already dangerous terrain (with pk's and super monsters).

Problem with PvM is that everything and basically everywhere is tuned for a player who has all the bard skills, magery, archery and melee at gm level, carrying a large stack of EV scrolls and is highly experienced in general.
I'd be ok with maybe 2 or 3 dungeons tuned for this but there should be many more dungeons that are tuned for players with less than the ultimate skill and gear setup.

Venos Wrote:Problem with PvM is that everything and basically everywhere is tuned for a player who has all the bard skills, magery, archery and melee at gm level, carrying a large stack of EV scrolls and is highly experienced in general.
I'd be ok with maybe 2 or 3 dungeons tuned for this but there should be many more dungeons that are tuned for players with less than the ultimate skill and gear setup.

In most Ultima Online shards the following concept is in place, and I believe it is here too:

- Every dungeon can be done by anyone, but there are some dungeons more difficult.
- As you get further into the dungeon, monsters become more difficult.
- As you get deeper intot he dungeon (lvl1/2/3) more experience in hunting is needed.

You can hunt in any dungeon, just not all of the dungeon and can just not receive the best loot if you are not experienced.

Just my thoughts.