Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lumberjacking / Wood

Wanted to suggest we get more different types of wood for different colored / named furniture. in between the 65 lumber jacking and 80 lumber jacking. *Example Oak

Soh sure about that? Soh get more varieties of logs means soh get less regular logs .. And soh are goinx to lumber more than what soh are goinx throuxh now ..

Unless the Gods can make certain areas have a chance for certain logs, like only around a certain city is certain logs.

Well at least then it gives carpentry more things to do, Im going through all the things that carp can make and there not to appealing for practically the hardest skill to gain. The only things worth making require you to gm other HARD skills like BS.
Not like lumber jacking really has a use other than to get certain lumber for one recipe the "Judgement Hammer" that I doubt anyone will bother to make (Heard it sucks). I mean I could make all my furniture out of blood wood Big Grin which I will. Plus if someone is in that much of a hurry to gm carpentry could just make a char and lock it down at 40 or even 60.
*It's to bad oak isn't higher up on the skill requirement making Elven bows more valuable. Id like to see something before oak or move it up.*

So yes more types of wood would be cool Big Grin Id do the same thing I do with Mining one char to gm and if im in a hurry just lock it at 50 on another char.

kinda makes me want a Judgement hammer, started thinking about it and to gm lumberjack will take a bit probably a week straight ?

Yeah, Lumberjacking was a ***** on INX also, but it's not too bad if you use the lumber script. What I would do was get a fleet of pack llamas (actually 3), then I had a razor macro that would cycle through three different organizer agents moving logs into them every 10-15 seconds, then I would run that and the EasyUO macro at the same time. If I remember right, each one would hold up to 800 logs, then you will start dropping them at your feet.

You can leave it running for like 2-3 hours like that if you keep an eye out for the anti-macro gump. What I did was add the gump response to my macro so that it would try to click it every 1-2 minutes. If I got a gump, I'd get my browser popping up to tell me.

What do you think about more different types of wood Eru ?

What does anyone think about if you gm lumber-jacking you hit like 5% harder with an axe ?
I mean its a hard skill to gm ...

Another idea could be to give carpenters/lumberjacks a furniture dye tub when they gm the skills. Its just decoration for houses so i dont think its unfair to give those 2 skills 2 gm rewards Smile

soMa Wrote:What do you think about more different types of wood Eru ?

What does anyone think about if you gm lumber-jacking you hit like 5% harder with an axe ?
I mean its a hard skill to gm ...

I would sugest instead of 5% to icrease enough tath the strongest axe has the same dmg per second as the strongest two handed weapon so it doesn unbalance anything and looks cool using an axe for pvp

-think there is a furniture dye tub you can buy,
-the dmg idea is cool,

Hmmm now i do spend some time choppin' Smile so i think ill have my word here to.
Why not do it like this:

As a lumberjack you improve in chopping logs, at first you fail a lot, then you get better, then you gain access to a new sort of logs/wood...nice, ok, so and thats it? i mean comeon, i am god**mn tree cutting, log carrying, board abusing god out there in the forest, i'm a GrandMaster Lumberjack.

Why not let players with 100.0 lumberjacking be able to harvest some sort of extra rare resource, like some special birds egg's wich can be used for crafting special armors or items, Sapphire egss, Fire eggs, or maybe some entirely new, (maybe a combination of those eggs and some normal iron ingost, or leather hide and other stuff could open up for a whole new weapon or armor craft... or something like that) that way those players who have chopped the life out of them for weeks, just to be GM lumberjack, wont be stuck at delivering logs to crafters all their life, wich a novice lumberjack also could do, no the GM Lumberjacks, will have a far more rare resource to go hunting for, so they will be needed, always.

I dont say its something that needs to be done NOW, but i think adding a rare resource to the lumberjacking skill, makes the whole crafting experience even more united between players, that way armor crafters will have to go talk to a lumberjack for example, interaction between players is the key.

With that said, this is in no way, any negative response to the lumberjacking skill or the shard, i love you guys Smile

Oh and the drop rate of those eggs(or whatever else resource) should be really low, like you gather 1 or two, of every one hour you've been choppin, that way they dont interfear with the normal log drop rate.. and they get really rare, so the crafts they are used in should be equally rare.