Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Will one of you active Game Masters please stop the spamming?

Belgar just turned this topic into poop :/

Hal Wrote:Injection is banned on second age and IPY and when i played both they routinely banned ppl for using it. So they must know how to.

I've tested on second age, still not banned. Like I said earlier, I bet they just ban obvious macroers that are running a macro that can't be done using razor. Just because they claim to "look at server logs for injection users" doesn't mean that they actually have a way of detecting it. It's just a scare. Don't know anything about IPY but I think 15h on second age macroing using injection already tells that they have no way of detecting it except for what I mentioned earlier. That is not detection, that is just plain common sense and you can get around it by using common sense yourself. Don't run automated macros that you can't make without razor and nobody will ever know.

Cana Wrote:Belgar just turned this topic into poop :/

I've tested on second age, still not banned. Like I said earlier, I bet they just ban obvious macroers that are running a macro that can't be done using razor. Just because they claim to "look at server logs for injection users" doesn't mean that they actually have a way of detecting it. It's just a scare. Don't know anything about IPY but I think 15h on second age macroing using injection already tells that they have no way of detecting it except for what I mentioned earlier. That is not detection, that is just plain common sense and you can get around it by using common sense yourself. Don't run automated macros that you can't make without razor and nobody will ever know.

Then go ahead sir and try to macro like this for a month now , and then try to keep going for several months while trying to play your chatacter and make a living. Offcourse if you do useless actions that do not get noticed , you might not get caught.

Offcourse , most of them have no way of '' detecting '' injection , but there are still alot of ways to prevent people from using it , or to catch them while using it. it may be only a scare , but it also act as a filter ; some may pass , but they will be a minority always , and it's only a question of time before they get caught.

it's kinda funny how much effort you guys waste in trying to prove your bad point when you could be constructive and find solutions to the current problems.

Galehaut Wrote:it's kinda funny how much effort you guys waste in trying to prove your bad point when you could be constructive and find solutions to the current problems.

I don't get this, Cana whom I know is very much educated on this subject(along with Nasir) have given pointed evidence and proof as to how these programs cannot(or at least not realistically) detected while you admit to the fact that they cannot be realistically or effectively detected and you call their efforts a waste of time?

Even if it is a minority, the fact remains that that minority will have an advantage which makes the power dip even worse.

Clearly banning people for using this program is hit and miss, it's not effective and there's no way to truly tell if someone is using it without some extrenous measures so why ban it in the first place?

Leaving a macro running is much effort? Not really. A claim was made that they have a server side solution for detecting injection and they don't. I was just clearing that up. No need to get all up in arms about it.

Let's just go back to talking about poop? Seems more constructive.

The guy speaks a lot of the being constructive, open minded, about finding solutions to the current problems and so on. I've yet to see a tiny bit of constructivity behind his critique though, regardless what we speaking of.

You, Galehaut, said a lot of stuff already. Like : Pvp is unbalanced, economy is broken, crafting don't exist, GM's having shitty attitude and so on. Also called me a braggart and griefer, even though I'm certain I never bragged and helped out countless of players around. But that bothers me the least, better lets speak of pvp, economy, craft and GM's attitude.

Your opinion about the economy:
Quote:The economy is totally broken due to custom armor system wich is controlled by afk gatherers. ( and GM's arent actually enforcing the afk gathering rule like on the other server i played , on those server it was an immediate ban , or you'd get your bank erased. that discouraged people to afk gather , but here in IN , everyone just afk gather their money and after a few months , the economy basicly ceased to exist. )

Damn, thats a lot of statements! Well, I myself been around for a fair amount of time, and I've yet to see someone AFK resource gathering. There was a guy who scripted a walkaround for labyrinth, and he got his account blocked for that.
Ofcourse if you go to the mine and try to speak to players they may not answer, because they mine alt+tabed or simply don't want to chat. But they are behind their PC's and they check the UO window pretty often.

Crafting don't exist! Economy is broken!
Wow , really? This server offers multiple ways to earn money, like: Hunting, Crafting, Taming. All of them are effective and there are examples(players) who got rich through each one of them. It's really odd that theres only ~10 people on entire server with full set of sapphire when everyone gathers resources afk, eh? Last time I checked a good ride was well worth the effort that is required to tame it, as some rides were sold for 100k++... Hunting was paying great and has easy access to. We had plenty of useful items and had pretty stably price on it. So how exactly economy is broken? Or maybe you just don't know what economy is?
If we try and put contsructive critique(yes, the thing you speak a lot about , but have no idea of) I'd say that weapons are too cheap and as well as some armors. I think reason of weapons of vanquishing being that cheap is too good drop and lack of use, since duel arenas weren't too popular. And in armor case I'd blame the amount of ores we have in present, while most of them differ with just 1-2 protection level along with the hue.

Now lets take a look on your opinion about the PvP. Thats my favorite:
Quote: the new pvp system was very badly implemented , and moreover , loki havent took the time to balance that new system , leaving tons of new players at a disavantage against older veterans , wich is very bad in a full loot pvp game where you can steal your opponents time and goods. it creates an enormous gap between new players and veteran basicly , and in a small community ,you want everyone to be able to enjoy the game simply or you wont keep them for long.
How exactly implemention of new system makes a gap between vets and newbs, tell me please? When new system is implemented it actually allows new players to get good faster, as the veterans have to learn the system along with everyone else. If you meant that experienced players were much better than newbs - then I think it's exactly what Loki intended the PvP to be like. To make skill play a greater role in the duel, when you can easily beat your opponent if you have faster reaction and take right decisions, while not making items totally useless. Sure the super expensive sapphire set is an advantage, but a better player will still win while wearing considerable cheap oceanic. Now if you mention that you was looking for something similiar to TUS XUO. Well, I'd love to see a new comer beat someone like Bilbo, Spyro or Ztoke on XUO. There sure were no disadvantage between veterans who knew the PvP system and the new comers!
Now, if you claim the system is unbalanced - step in and bring at least one point to back it up. For example, what exactly is imbalanced? Which spell is too fast/has too low mana cost while having too big damage or heal output...? Maybe the weapons are too overpowered...? If so, then which weapon is , and what how you would nerf it...?
Loki, unlike you,have spent a lot of time to balancing it, while you didn't take even 1/1000 of this time to understand it. I say that not because you have never fought(even though you didn't), but because you aren't capable of bringing a single valid point. When I thought something was unbalanced I always could say what is, why it is and how I suggest to fix it.

Now about the GM's having shitty attitude.
Quote:When 2 gms take the time to write about how they are bored about uo but can barely pass 20 minute per day to handle the tickets ,you really wonder why they are still GMs in the first place. Yes we all have lives and hobbies , if uo is not one of your hobbies anymore , just leave your place to someone more interested. You could stay in the team and hire new gms to handle the in-game part , in any case , there's clearly a problem with the staff here.

Since when the GM's got the access to hiring? Sure they are inactive right now, but hey - a player got a right to get inactive, no? Or it's more like mafia with no way out? Yes, Taran is away right now, thus making hiring a pretty hard task. I doubt the guy left completely though, or even stopped caring about the server. When you input as much work as he did in this project you care about it even when you sure you won't ever need it anymore. But I don't think it's Taran's case. I think he will come back eventually. Due to my observations ex-UO players starting to get "UO-sick" after 6-12 month break and are coming back. But thats only my own theory, so no lawsuits, please.

So, to sum it up - Nobody likes unreasoned statements and people who think that everything they say is a truth in last instance. You said Loki is not being open minded to accept the critique. Well man, the open minded people don't usually get whining and hysteria as a critique I'm afraid. So if you want anyone to agree with you or at least understand your position then explain what exactly you think is broken in details and what output it has, also detailed. And until then, please, when you call someone closeminded or not objective make sure you understand that you're the biggest hypocrite on these forums.

Damn, I wrote a lot... :/

Gang Wrote:Damn, thats a lot of statements! Well, I myself been around for a fair amount of time, and I've yet to see someone AFK resource gathering. There was a guy who scripted a walkaround for labyrinth, and he got his account blocked for that.
Ofcourse if you go to the mine and try to speak to players they may not answer, because they mine alt+tabed or simply don't want to chat. But they are behind their PC's and they check the UO window pretty often.

Yeah... that's not exactly true. Before the whole "maze" thing was added I witnessed countless players AFK resource gathering. They would macro in Mt. Kendall so it would be easier to resurrect. You could definitely tell it was being scripted and they were not there. When you see the same player die, go to Mercenary Camp to get resurrected, and then come back and continue mining without doing anything else then it's definitely AFK. They would come back and continue mining without trying to loot their corpse or even heal for that matter.

Just recently I found an AFK gatherer in Icebludel. I'm fairly certain it was an alt for Bobafett. Eloie (sp) would mine, and mine, for hours. I'd lure some mobs from the swamp and hide while they targeted Eloie. What do you think happened? The player continued to mine while the mob attacked. They'd show up some time later and continue mining. One evening I gated their character to the mage tower in Fire Dungeon. I saw their name logged on (Dungeon) for at least three hours.

Can you guess who recently became a GM blacksmith? How can Bobafett macro blacksmith for what seemed like a week straight? They had a shitload of ingots. How does one get that many ingots when no one is selling?

The most confusing part about that Eloie character is they would constantly switch out pick axes. You could see them constantly cycling between their GM reward pick and a plain pick. Not sure what was going on there.

Do you know who Bobafett is friends with? Dragon Smither. He's another person who did a shitload of AFK resource gathering. He then spammed the chats all the time advertising cheapest armor on the shard.

All of this couldn't be reported as it was taking place. You want to know why?

Obviously I only meant the time when we had 150+. I don't think there's much of economy right now either. Plus I wasn't active lately so I wouldn't speak about nowdays anyway, as I have no idea whats going on there.

Now speaking of tons of players that were AFK resource gathering before the maze - well, I also know that multiple players had all the ingots wiped as well as mining skill was set to zero. And maze came out pretty fast imho.

About not having ability to report on the Bobafett case, I'd guess it's because the IN project is non comercial?

Edit: About Eloie switching the pikaxes - well I'd guess thats plainly because his macro(whatever program he uses) equipes pikaxe by it's ItemID(type) and it's same for all of them.