Poll: Do you agree? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, fizzled recall should consume full mana cost
15.00%
15.00%
No, fizzled recall should consume half mana cost (current)
85.00%
85.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Recall Fizzle Manacost

Fizzled spells currently consume half of the successful cast mana.
I think a fizzled recall/recall scroll should consume the FULL cast mana.

Why though? I'm getting tired of PKs trying to make it harder and harder for something as simple as recalling away from a fight. It is such a pointless change. If you are mad people are recalling away from you, make better macros to keep them fizzled or fight folks in non-recall areas. There are plenty and they are VERY popular for money/item farming and fame farming.

Siren Wrote:Why though? I'm getting tired of PKs trying to make it harder and harder for something as simple as recalling away from a fight. It is such a pointless change. If you are mad people are recalling away from you, make better macros to keep them fizzled or fight folks in non-recall areas. There are plenty and they are VERY popular for money/item farming and fame farming.

Well if you think it's too hard to get away now you can try to catch me if you'd like but you never will, It's not about wanting to kill you more it's about it's more likely or close to impossible.

I see PLEANTY of people die in pvp every day, including myself. If people want to fight, they will fight. If people want to get away, they will get away if they try hard enough.

The really funny thing is I see folks wanting fizzle pvp sooooo bad, and yet the only spell that actually follows the rules of fizzle pvp (recall) is a spell they want nerfed MORE.

I mean... nerf recall? This thread is a joke.

Siren Wrote:I see PLEANTY of people die in pvp every day, including myself. If people want to fight, they will fight. If people want to get away, they will get away if they try hard enough.

The really funny thing is I see folks wanting fizzle pvp sooooo bad, and yet the only spell that actually follows the rules of fizzle pvp (recall) is a spell they want nerfed MORE.

I mean... nerf recall? This thread is a joke.

Contact me in game I won't kill you or loot you we can test how easy it is to get away, I'll even let you bring 2-3 people with you and choose to location you wanna do this at

I'm telling you its very hard to kill people with invis pots and recall scrolls. It's way to easy to get away

EDIT: Btw every time I see you or your guild members they run away i'm lucky if I get to kill them.

Just to stay on topic I voted yes

sm0ke Wrote:Contact me in game I won't kill you or loot you we can test how easy it is to get away, I'll even let you bring 2-3 people with you and choose to location you wanna do this at

I'm telling you its very hard to kill people with invis pots and recall scrolls. It's way to easy to get away

EDIT: Btw every time I see you or your guild members they run away i'm lucky if I get to kill them.

Just to stay on topic I voted yes

I know its easy to get away. If you DONT want to fight, im 100% fine with people getting away. I dont understand what the problem is. You can already fizzle recall. Why nerf recall more? It is a core mechanic. Considering you cant fizzle any other spell, I think it is fine. Let people recall away. You can fizzle them with magic missile which costs waaaaaaaaaaaaay less than recall. Even Harm costs less. It just seems like a pointless nerf, dont you think? Fizzle with lower circle spells instead of lightning.

I'm 100% sure that you can get away from three people. That is fine. It is why invis pots exist. If you want to get away, then drop the money on invis pots and get away. If you want to fight, then fight and die.

My guild might run away often, and thats fine. We are still training and trying to keep our fame to get our chaos shields. If you want to kill us (which plenty of people do) come search the Ogre spawn when it says we are in a dungeon. We cant recall out of there easily. No one can.

Siren Wrote:I know its easy to get away. If you DONT want to fight, im 100% fine with people getting away. I dont understand what the problem is. You can already fizzle recall. Why nerf recall more? It is a core mechanic. Considering you cant fizzle any other spell, I think it is fine. Let people recall away. You can fizzle them with magic missile which costs waaaaaaaaaaaaay less than recall. Even Harm costs less. It just seems like a pointless nerf, dont you think? Fizzle with lower circle spells instead of lightning.

I'm 100% sure that you can get away from three people. That is fine. It is why invis pots exist. If you want to get away, then drop the money on invis pots and get away. If you want to fight, then fight and die.

My guild might run away often, and thats fine. We are still training and trying to keep our fame to get our chaos shields. If you want to kill us (which plenty of people do) come search the Ogre spawn when it says we are in a dungeon. We cant recall out of there easily. No one can.

But you see you missed where your suppose to be taking a risk when venturing outside hunting or doing your business, you shouldn't be able to escape as you please there should be some sort of way you can die yes invis pots are implanted they can be used but it doesn't mean recall scrolls should also have only a 1 second cast delay as you can escape WAY to easy as you just said your self you can get away 100% which is pretty silly coming from any PvPer's point of view

sm0ke Wrote:But you see you missed where your suppose to be taking a risk when venturing outside hunting or doing your business, you shouldn't be able to escape as you please there should be some sort of way you can die yes invis pots are implanted they can be used but it doesn't mean recall scrolls should also have only a 1 second cast delay as you can escape WAY to easy as you just said your self you can get away 100% which is pretty silly coming from any PvPer's point of view

Yeah well this thread is about a pointless nerf to recall. Not about invis pots. That is in another thread where we are having a debate :p You must see that nerfing recall wont change the situation at all. This is a waste of time for the staff in my opinion. It wont do -anything- at all.

Neither scrolls nor hard cast spells consume full mana when fizzle. I don't think any version of UO has ever had fizzled scrolls/spells consume full mana. Neither of you have justified such a dramatic change. All you have done is basically complain about your personal experiences with people using recall scrolls when you attack them. Then request a change that will accommodate yourselves and not the shard.

It has already been pointed out, there are popular hunting spots where recall is restricted. Not only that, but there will always be folks looking for a good fight.

Siren Wrote:I mean... nerf recall? This thread is a joke.

The threads a joke? Tongue
If a halfway decent player has 1 invis potion and doesn't feel like dying to a gank of 5 people, he is going to get away every time. It definitely shouldn't be like that Tongue Invis potions should not be a "guaranteed" escape, as they pretty much are now, considering the time it takes to detect+magic arrow is greater than recall spell/scroll.

Long story short, there needs to be a way to foil peoples' invis recall, or else there is no reason to be a PK...
I don't know about anyone else, but I've spent my entire UO career making a living off of other players' loot. That's what PK's do, they kill people and take their loot. If a player has a guaranteed escape potion, that completely defeats the purpose of being a PK.

Nobody wants to die, but you shouldn't be able to get out free 90% of the time with an invis pot.

Also, it is impossible to kill a decent player 1v1 if he doesn't want to die or fight. Impossible.

If you summon 20 ghosts they all magic arrow so fast a player can't recall away.

Impossible? No. Extremely unlikely... sure ;\

SUMMON SPAM PVP 4 LYFE

i just dont understand why you guys try to force pvp on people...not eveyone on the shard likes pvp or has the connection or the timing to do so....