Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

House Keys

Hello guys, I just bought a standard house with a deed and share coownership to my brother,now i'm a bit confused about the house keys, I just received two, one in the pack and the other in the bankbox, how do i make more keys for my other pgs and for those of my brother? since we realized that without the masterkeys one cannot even open in house doors!Cry

So its really simple... all you have to do is buy or craft a blank a blank key.. they sell blank keys in the buildimg over the npc where you bought your house.
Then dclick the blank key and target the key you wish to make a copy. sometimes you may fail.. but no big deal.. You wont lose the key if it fails hehe
dont forget to put it in a keyring since keys are not newbied!

Raziel_ Wrote:So its really simple... all you have to do is buy or craft a blank a blank key.. they sell blank keys in the buildimg over the npc where you bought your house.
Then dclick the blank key and target the key you wish to make a copy. sometimes you may fail.. but no big deal.. You wont lose the key if it fails hehe
dont forget to put it in a keyring since keys are not newbied!

Ok thanks a lot Raziel! eheh also thanks for the tip about the key ring Big Grin

I have another question regarding the house key and in order not to start another thread I will ask it here.
If a friend of my and myself buy a house and my friend is the exact person who purchases a house deed and places the house. He gives me one of the house keys. Then in a period of time for any reasons my friend decides to change house lock. Will my key change automatically or a friend of my will be the only owner of active keys?

I didnt even know you could change house locks =x
but the logical answer would be only he would have the new key.. the old ones wouldnt open anymore... why? simple, if he's changing locks its because someone who had the old key isnt supposed to enter anymore ;D

You key won't magically change to the new lock no. I believe that is the sole purpose of changing the locks on the house so only the owner has access.