Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So no fizzle pvp..

Loki Wrote:Uhm, LOS does fizzle spells here?

No shit.. But have you seen the tourney arenas? i mean seriously?
But other then that, why would you try to go for LOS when you cant be fizzled when casting an offensive Flamestrike?..
With fizzle pvp it's also key for the attacker to use the los. This right here makes it more dynamic, faster more exciting!

It's just different, people have to be able to recognise that there are many valid types of UO PvP, almost as many as their are servers, disparaging those who don't share the same tastes isn't a good approach.

That said, for my part once the PvP system is suitably tweaked and adjusted that the arenas at my tournies will not always be an empty box devoid of LoS use (but before someone throws a wobbler I will still also be running the current type of tourney as well - variety is good people).

Loki Wrote:Uhm, LOS does fizzle spells here?

thats what ive been trying to say

hoax Wrote:No shit.. But have you seen the tourney arenas? i mean seriously?
But other then that, why would you try to go for LOS when you cant be fizzled when casting an offensive Flamestrike?..
With fizzle pvp it's also key for the attacker to use the los. This right here makes it more dynamic, faster more exciting!

Calculation perfection cleverness reaction, and mistakes are key in this PvP using LoS doesn't make it faster or more dynamic if anything fizzle PvP has longer cast times which means you have more time to think and your enemy's mana really doesn't matter it all depends on who fizzles what, that's why it's called "fizzle pvp"

In this PvP it takes calculation math and skill and it's very hard to kill players let alone survive in an arena, You guys keep bashing it and saying there's no skill involved yet you don't even contain the right skills to PvP here and complain about things you don't understand like the arenas. We've said numerous times that weapons need to fixed yes of course it's being looked into. Creating a thread like this because you don't have any idea whats going on is something I would do in the past and it isn't right.

Just remember you've come to this shard where a type of PvP was already implanted and you expect it to change because you don't agree with it? You should honestly be thanking Taran he has put the time into scripting fizzle PvP areas.

Habibi Jones Wrote:I hate to say it but I see exactly what these guys are talking about... There are indeed flaws with the PvP and it does get pretty stale... World PvP isn't even really fun because once you cast 3 fs scrolls, you might as well stop casting if you want to have enough mana to heal/reflect yourself or a friend. At that point you are just running around waiting for the opportunity to drink another mana pot. Can't meditate, can't do damage with weapons, can't do anything but run around and spam your mana pot macro. It's no secret either, go out to a fight. All you will hear is people desperately trying to sip total mana potions. It's lame... Open world fights last about 2 minutes until one team is dead/recall. It takes more time to suit up than it does to win/lose a decent sized fight.

Habibi there is a difference in wanting tweaks and 1v1's outside the world and then there is wanting to change the PvP in general. Just the title of the post or the original poster states he would like to see the PvP changed to fizzle because he thinks this type of PvP is garbage.

On that note you can't really force somebody to duel 1v1 outside in the world. I mean your guild dianun/aki and igor have ganked me countless times when I've tried dueling them individually it's just how the game works.

sm0ke Wrote:Calculation perfection cleverness reaction, and mistakes are key in this PvP using LoS doesn't make it faster or more dynamic if anything fizzle PvP has longer cast times which means you have more time to think and your enemy's mana really doesn't matter it all depends on who fizzles what, that's why it's called "fizzle pvp"

In this PvP it takes calculation math and skill and it's very hard to kill players let alone survive in an arena, You guys keep bashing it and saying there's no skill involved yet you don't even contain the right skills to PvP here and complain about things you don't understand like the arenas. We've said numerous times that weapons need to fixed yes of course it's being looked into. Creating a thread like this because you don't have any idea whats going on is something I would do in the past and it isn't right.

Just remember you've come to this shard where a type of PvP was already implanted and you expect it to change because you don't agree with it? You should honestly be thanking Taran he has put the time into scripting fizzle PvP areas.

Habibi there is a difference in wanting tweaks and 1v1's outside the world and then there is wanting to change the PvP in general. Just the title of the post or the original poster states he would like to see the PvP changed to fizzle because he thinks this type of PvP is garbage.

On that note you can't really force somebody to duel 1v1 outside in the world. I mean your guild dianun/aki and igor have ganked me countless times when I've tried dueling them individually it's just how the game works.

Yeah man, for sure. That's definitely how the game works. I definitely noticed that the original poster wanted an overall style change to "fizzle" style PvP also, I'm just noting that there is indeed a lot that should change with this PvP to make it less stale and more fast paced/actiony. I've been here a while, and I really find ganking to be boring because it's all about who has a bigger team. Even a 1 player advantage is enough to make you lose HARD. It shouldn't be that way... I've been in a lot of ganks, we did indeed have them before you joined (granted they were much more rare), and it's always been the same story.
Really I just hate the fact that in open world PvP, you MUST rely on total mana potions and nothing else in order to keep your mana up. Mana potions are not enough to keep you casting, and to me, that equates to boring, short-lasting fights.

This is a real gank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MOS0IoLcw

Keep in mind that on this server, their PvP tournaments are almost exactly like ours, only they are supplied with chainmail and normal weapons as well as limited resources.

It would be nice to see some of yall fight in a 7xGm 225 stat cap server. Where you have to time your hally swings just right and you cant chug pots and use scrolls to save mana. Being one a none skill cap server you dont have a class system to fit in with your pvp. As it is right now it pure mage with a lucky hally roll and runing back and forth back and forth.

Nerf the FS scrolls / edit the weps / add fizzle when a player is hit via wep / arrow. Then this would be a kick ass pvp setting. Every thing on this server is kick ass compared to some other servers just not the pvp. LONG LIVE EXPLO , EBOLT , HALLY HIT combos!!!

PS.... Make it where you cant move while casting would make it even funner!

Kander Wrote:PS.... Make it where you cant move while casting would make it even funner!

After reading this I just realised I wasted time reading the first part

Oh yea here is 2 vids of a guild mate of mine on the server I came from with FIZZLE pvp and skill caps / stat caps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5c95r4heyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOPR6yht68

Habibi Jones Wrote:This is a real gank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MOS0IoLcw

Keep in mind that on this server, their PvP tournaments are almost exactly like ours, only they are supplied with chainmail and normal weapons as well as limited resources.

yeah ofc, that PvP is awesome but you know what they don't do in that video? use invis pots or recall scrolls. Everyone here is afraid to lose items pretty much and when they do they complain about the PvP or make rules like you can't guild house loot you can't paralyze players etc. People just need to play the game and the staff as well need to let us play the game as well.

@Kander, you still haven't even tried to PvP here man.. you dueled me naked and we had a wrestling match give it a chance try it don't keep raging on it. Every single post you've made has explosion and ebolt spammed at the end of it. Nerfing flamestrike will be a bad idea. Your spells are already imported on to the shard you just haven't even used them your self man.

You are also right if we were on another sever with caps it would be different PvP completely. But were not one of those types of shards so bringing up those types of discussions are pretty much useless let alone bringing the PvP involved with it.

Kander Wrote:Oh yea here is 2 vids of a guild mate of mine on the server I came from with FIZZLE pvp and skill caps / stat caps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5c95r4heyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOPR6yht68

I mean do you need to emphisize the fizzle part is it really needed? We understand and have already read what type of PvP you like, yet you haven't tried this one and keep knocking it down.

edit: I also think habibi was going along the lines of world PvP we don't really have a problem with 1v1 here besides weapon and armor tweaks

Tinkabelle Wrote:After reading this I just realised I wasted time reading the first part

this, kander how do you expect to not move while casting in fizzle pvp or this current pvp lmfao? this is just getting silly now..

Actually man, they used a lot of invis pots Tongue and the reason you didn't see anyone recall is because in a situation like that, even if you try to invis recall, you're probably not gonna make it Tongue It's usually better to try to survive.
Here though, since you have 100 mana + (40?) from the potion. That's why people recall, because they don't want to get ganked 2v1 when they can't survive (because they have no mana).

Habibi Jones Wrote:Actually man, they used a lot of invis pots Tongue and the reason you didn't see anyone recall is because in a situation like that, even if you try to invis recall, you're probably not gonna make it Tongue It's usually better to try to survive.
Here though, since you have 100 mana + (40?) from the potion. That's why people recall, because they don't want to get ganked 2v1 when they can't survive (because they have no mana).

True, I honestly would have no problem with invis pots if they took a certain portion of health or did something like the res penalty because with invis pots reflect and recall scrolls with trees losing it's another big reason as to why it's almost impossible to world PvP 1v1 or in several amounts of people 4v4 5v5 etc