Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

allow guilds to purchase mercs

I'm not sure if this is a great idea or a terrible one. You could allow guilds to purchase a mercenary. One thing this would do is make it so members trained at their guild houses thus creating more interaction and camaraderie with guild mates. I remember back before there were mercs when i played UO we would spar each other at our guild houses. It was during those times you would get to know your guild mates. Just seeing other guild mates around sparring and training up skills raised morale and made it seem like the guild was active.

One thing i foresee with having the merc camp is that guild houses/compounds no longer will be training areas for combat skills and thus they won't be as lively with members interacting.

I like this because there are way too many people at the merc camp. To the point that I get frequent client crashes there. haha

Siren Wrote:I like this because there are way too many people at the merc camp. To the point that I get frequent client crashes there. haha

This sums up my thoughts exactly Big Grin

IMHO it's a great idea!

That would be interesting to purchase sparring partners (perhaps give them a gold requirement like vendors? not sure what mercenaries cost now) and keep for the guild to train in their compound.

I've another question: a sparring partner can be bought and "installed" in a private house, like the bank container?

tks!

This sounds awesome to me.

i think dummies and archery the ones you can make in carp should be allowed to train on. once your skill passes a certain level, you cant train on that. even that to be able to train would make a guild house more active.

I could probably set this up with a spawner.
[spoiler]Taran just shit a brick at the thought of me giving out spawners to players.[/spoiler]