Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AFK gump suggestion

Hi,

Im kinda new at this server and i dont really know 100% how it works (some more guides about the "utility" of some skills would be appreciated, because depending on the server several skills may be functional or useless, but thats not what i want to speak about).

My point to this thread is the AFK gump, i never trully liked it but these are the rules and we all need to play according to them, i was investigating and found out that you can just create a razor macro to notify you about the afk gump when it proccs even if you are running UO on background and thats just GREAT, the only problem i got with this is the next:

I dont know why, but everytime i restart razor my macro AFK gump crashes, because the "play click button" line just dissapears, thats awful, cuz sometimes i get client crashes or even PC crashes and then i have to wait again for the gump to procc to be able to save the macro again and keep doing other things while mining in background.

For Example: Yesterday i was mining for a while, i wanted to watch a movie while i was mining but something happened. I was mining about 40~ min without getting a gump to save, then i finally got the gump, and a couple of minutes after recording the macro my client crashed, so i had to wait another 40~ min to get the procc again and save the macro. After doing that (about 2 hours mining just to save a macro) i just had to left and could not see my movie.

I dont know if this happens to anyone or just to me or if there is a way to correctly save the macro in razor (i guess not), but my suggestion is kinda simple, i suggest that when you start mining/lumber/etc after a while without gathering (lets say 30 min) or after connecting, the first time you gather you get an AFK gump, and then just the way they are right now. That would help people who get client crashes or just have a terrible bad luck with the gumps to record the macro without being hours waiting to that purpose.

pd- Or maybe adding a command to procc that gump, like .afk for instance, that would make much easier for gatherers to do their job.

Thanks for spending your time reading and I'm sorry about my poor English, I hope I made my point clear enough.

Farewell.

Maybe you are not supposed to do this? =x

As i recall it was an administrator who put that razor tip just in this forum, so i guess i can do it... can't I? Confused

I'm not sure I understand, but to clarify, is what you are saying the following:

You want the AFK gump to come up faster so you can use razor to record the macro to notify you (bring window to front) when the gump appears? But because the gump takes too long to appear you crash before you can record that macro?

If that's the problem just page ingame and ask a GM to help you by giving you the AFK gump, recording a macro to notify you that the gump appeared sounds perfectly legal to me. If you're at the computer that seems OK. Taran or Eru can tell me off if I'm wrong Smile

Yeah, you can do it. The problem is it removes itself for some unknown reason when Razor restarts, so you need to get it the first time normally.

If anyone's unclear what he means, you can record pressing the ? button to open the website, so then when you get a gump, the macro will open up the website for you. If you're watching TV, you'll see the website open and know to go put in the code.

I had the same problem with having the line disappear and haven't been able to find a fix for it. I'm pretty sure it's related to Razor.

And yes, a GM can use the .am command to send the anti-macro gump.