Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skill/stat Questions

Is there any reason to train up Lockpicking? People have chests bolted on their steps, those would be nice to get into, but if not that's okay I GUESS and it makes sense if house doors aren't pickable - But what about world spawn chests or in dungeons? Do they exist? Might they one day exist if not? I've poked around in the wilderness and many graveyards and haven't seen any, as far as dungeons, well, that'll be when I'm done training. Does treasure hunting involved locked chests?

Does having GM stealth/hiding (As opposed to lower skill level, like 50) have any effect on Detect Hidden? I have 40ish Detect Hidden and I've uncovered a lot of would-be gankers at the Brit Bridge but I don't know what their skill levels are in hiding and stealth. As it appears it seems that regardless of Detect Hidden skill level, I'm always uncovered by those training it via AFK macro (Although most players don't try to use it to find me when it comes to pvp, tee hee), and I'm currently at 100 hiding and nearly 75 stealth.

I think, in older days of Imagine Nation, Eval Intelligence gave boosts to spellcasting in some form. Not sure if I remember correctly. Does it still do so? Is there a benefit from GMing it? I assume Anatomy gives bonus melee damage and healing.

Does agility do anything in the game? I mean, I assume it makes you attack faster, or carry heavy stuff longer - but I'm also assuming it's useless atm since many PvPers just spam Clumsy in the hopes of removing your magic reflect, which means they don't care if it hits them.

And, finally, is there a reward for GMing every skill? I don't plan to, at the moment, I just want to know who I can label as officially insane (Or at least, anal-completionist)

Felonious Wrote:Is there any reason to train up Lockpicking? People have chests bolted on their steps, those would be nice to get into, but if not that's okay I GUESS and it makes sense if house doors aren't pickable - But what about world spawn chests or in dungeons? Do they exist? Might they one day exist if not? I've poked around in the wilderness and many graveyards and haven't seen any, as far as dungeons, well, that'll be when I'm done training. Does treasure hunting involved locked chests?

Does having GM stealth/hiding (As opposed to lower skill level, like 50) have any effect on Detect Hidden? I have 40ish Detect Hidden and I've uncovered a lot of would-be gankers at the Brit Bridge but I don't know what their skill levels are in hiding and stealth. As it appears it seems that regardless of Detect Hidden skill level, I'm always uncovered by those training it via AFK macro (Although most players don't try to use it to find me when it comes to pvp, tee hee), and I'm currently at 100 hiding and nearly 75 stealth.

I think, in older days of Imagine Nation, Eval Intelligence gave boosts to spellcasting in some form. Not sure if I remember correctly. Does it still do so? Is there a benefit from GMing it? I assume Anatomy gives bonus melee damage and healing.

Does agility do anything in the game? I mean, I assume it makes you attack faster, or carry heavy stuff longer - but I'm also assuming it's useless atm since many PvPers just spam Clumsy in the hopes of removing your magic reflect, which means they don't care if it hits them.

And, finally, is there a reward for GMing every skill? I don't plan to, at the moment, I just want to know who I can label as officially insane (Or at least, anal-completionist)

1. Treasure hunting is what lockpicking is used for, random chests that you could pick that contain for example like 5k or some other resources would be cool in the world as well

2. The more stealth you have the more you can move while invisible, you need hiding to stay hidden while moving invisible, detect hidden = the more you have the bigger the distance you have of detecting players.

3. Evaluating intelligence gives spell damage you need it to pvp here. Anatomy helps with hits healing and you need it to res players with bandages.

4. Most crafting skills give reward items such as inscription alchemy blacksmithing provocation/discordance/peacemaking/musicmanship/fishing/lumberjacking/mining etc People can fill in the ones i've missed :p

http://in-uo.net/info/skill-rewards here is the list of skill rewards.