Poll: Should We Incorporate "The 3 Hit Limiter" - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, This would help improve the melee aspect of PVP
28.00%
28.00%
No, This idea would not be helpful
48.00%
48.00%
No Opinion
24.00%
24.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fixing HITS In PVP (Suggestion)

Xerxes, the reason a lot of the bonuses are not included is because there is no skill cap, the bonuses you are discussing are to give value to skills that would otherwise never be taken in a 700 skill cap situation (as they have on OSI). It was a brilliant idea for OSI but it's not necessarily the right thing for us here.

I think in general you will find though that despite what you may feel the hit rate here is as high, or in fact higher, than on Sphere 51a. I have a copy of Sphere 51a for anyone who doesn't believe me and wants to check.

This doesn't mean that weapons aren't under review in a number of ways, including the possibility of hit limiters and/or hit limiters attached to region variables (e.g. like the fizzle PvP) for duels and tournaments in arenas. But as usual, nothing is promised until we've had time to really think it through, test it and so on. My point is we are listening, and please be patient, but also I don't guarantee anything specific because I don't know the outcome of the testing until we've had time to do it to a satisfactory degree, also it is of course not my call either, because I'm a pleb GM, not the owner Wink

Loki Wrote:Xerxes, the reason a lot of the bonuses are not included is because there is no skill cap, the bonuses you are discussing are to give value to skills that would otherwise never be taken in a 700 skill cap situation (as they have on OSI). It was a brilliant idea for OSI but it's not necessarily the right thing for us here.

On Alias Mortal skillcap was 1200 or 1500 and the bonuses were there. It was a really huge server with 500+ players PVP and PVM was perfect.

Loki Wrote:Xerxes, the reason a lot of the bonuses are not included is because there is no skill cap, the bonuses you are discussing are to give value to skills that would otherwise never be taken in a 700 skill cap situation (as they have on OSI). It was a brilliant idea for OSI but it's not necessarily the right thing for us here.

I think in general you will find though that despite what you may feel the hit rate here is as high, or in fact higher, than on Sphere 51a. I have a copy of Sphere 51a for anyone who doesn't believe me and wants to check.

This doesn't mean that weapons aren't under review in a number of ways, including the possibility of hit limiters and/or hit limiters attached to region variables (e.g. like the fizzle PvP) for duels and tournaments in arenas. But as usual, nothing is promised until we've had time to really think it through, test it and so on. My point is we are listening, and please be patient, but also I don't guarantee anything specific because I don't know the outcome of the testing until we've had time to do it to a satisfactory degree, also it is of course not my call either, because I'm a pleb GM, not the owner Wink

If you need help testing lmk i'm usually around weekdays

just fix halberd plx!:evil:

pacman Wrote:just fix halberd plx!:evil:

[COLOR="#B22222"]What with the halberd? They are the slowest and thus the most damaging weapon. Sound normal to me.

-Xerxes
[/COLOR]