Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Client crash log

I'm going to use this thread to keep a log of what time I crashed and where it occurred.

Client version 6.0.14.3

Central standard time

March 24, 2012 5:58pm - 1411 1732 14 - Was running from bridge to Britain bank

This is going to be a BIG thread....

I don't think so Sad

This will be useful actually. If everyone can post the location of the crash here, I can map them all on UOCartographer and start looking for patterns of where it occurs. :3

I had constant crashes when macroing melee skills in merc. camp. while using razor.
The macro began with:
if hits <20
Walk left
Walk left
End if
and then the actual macro started comprising of autohealing, equiping gear.
The game crashed 2-3 seconds after I started the macro. This has not been the case before the restart.
When I deleted the first section of the macro (shown above) everything went well afterwards.

I've been crashing just about every night, hoping to set up a macro for non-gathering skills while I sleep, stealth being the current one. It never seems to last long when I set it up, only get a few skill gains before the freeze. I've crashed consistently near the Brit Bank, and once at the Brit Inn. Twice in the Merc area. I'm not sure if it's other players, NPC's, Razor, the UO client, etc. All I know is that it completely freezes up my computer and I have to force power off. Not excited about this since it could be damaging my computer's stability overall when I have to cut the power like that.

For all I know it's a graphic error that when a players runs into my screen the comp freezes or another action by a player, or maybe it's something to do with quest turn ins/acceptings, I'm not sure.

Right now, I'm macroing tonight in the arse end of nowhere with no NPC's or player's around. We'll see if it works, unless I'm PK'd, but I guess that'd just ruin my macroing, not freeze the comp.

I'll continue to update on common factors that I notice. It doesn't seem to happen when I'm physically at the computer that often moving around and doing stuff, but it has certainly happened each night I've gone AFK macro stealth spam in Brit Bank, or if I browse the net while macroing for a duration.

Brandon Wrote:I'm going to use this thread to keep a log of what time I crashed and where it occurred.

I mean, Brandon won't do it Sad

Felonious Wrote:I've been crashing just about every night, hoping to set up a macro for non-gathering skills while I sleep, stealth being the current one.
I'm not sure if this is your situation, but for me, if UO loses connection for some reason, it will crash instead of showing the Connection Lost message. It may be that you lost connection at some point during the night and it crashed. This may actually explain a majority of crashes if this is a common problem with all installs.

Crab Wrote:I had constant crashes when macroing melee skills in merc. camp. while using razor.
The macro began with:
if hits <20
Walk left
Walk left

End if
and then the actual macro started comprising of autohealing, equiping gear.
The game crashed 2-3 seconds after I started the macro. This has not been the case before the restart.
When I deleted the first section of the macro (shown above) everything went well afterwards.
Razor seems to have problems with having the character walk. I had a similar problem. I wouldn't crash but if Razor *ever* took a single step for me, I could hardly move afterward without having massive lag-like symptoms. Like freezing for a moment after each step.

Crash in all dung sometimes ,

BenSa Wrote:Crash in all dung sometimes ,

i crash in all the world sometimes.. hehe

has anyone else been getting these huge long lag spikes lately? they last 10-15 seconds they i unfreeze but it doesn't seem like anyone else is getting them. I know scare and people in my guild get them duno if anyone else is experiencing this though

always... :eek: