Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blues healing greys in GZ

There seems to be a trend in people going karma grey, provoking blues in town to attack them so they become grey and kill them. Though I'm not used to the concept of a criminal attacking a blue in GZ and not getting guard whacked, I don't have a problem with that, people need to pay attention.

In my opinion however, something is wrong when you chase someone with 4+ people for 5 minutes or more, FSing, paralyzing etc and the person is not dying, because a BLUE is healing him. With not being able to fizzle greater heal (so on the grey), and on top 1 or 2 blues running after him and healing him without turning grey it is near impossible to kill him, and when you do the BLUE resses him without turning grey...

Sooo I guess my suggestion comes down to:

Lets make blues who heal/ res greys grey.

Personally, if you think about it that one person isn't really "grey criminal" or else he wouldn't be allowed into town therefore a blue healing him wouldn't really be a criminal act. In the long run everyone in town can attack that karma grey criminal if he has one friend whose helping him out or a guildmate I don't really think they should be punished if every single person can attack the karma grey person. That's just my view on it though

I see your point. however, like with reds it is their choice to be grey or karma grey. it is a response to previous decisions made. if you heal or res a red you turn grey, so imo it should be the same with karma grey.

i agree and disagree. Karma grey players already takes a risk staying in Brit so it's in some way balanced. You can attack him or not, it's up to your choice.

I witnessed this foolishness on an alt last night. I must say, being able to heal a karma grey player should make you a criminal as well. The pvp situations I saw were borderline griefing in my opinion. I dont think the staff should encourage such pvp situations. Karma greys should not be allowed to kill a blue player and then be chain ressed by a blue (with the nearly instant bandie ressing) without the blue going grey as well. I literally saw a grey KILL a blue player in guards and then proceed to be chain ressed 3 or 4 times, so fast that I couldnt even cut his body in time (granted I didnt have a macro set up for it) so he ended up surviving the ordeal because he would run a few tiles towards brit bridge between resses. The blues chain ressing him were never made criminal.

So yeah, healing a grey karma player should be a criminal action, as well as ressing them. The same should apply to reds as well (although im not sure if it does).

If you're gray [criminal] any blue player ressing you will also go [criminal]. I know this because someone called guards on me, and then ressed me probably hoping to call guards on me again to grief me, but I called guards first, getting us both killed, and he got looted by randoms. It was quite satisfying since I had no loot to begin with.

If they're karma gray, a blue won't become criminal for ressing and healing. PK'ers and karma gray are using blue "agents" to heal or loot corpses within the guarded zones, or using blue guildmates to trap players by casting walls within guarded zones to block them from the safe areas so the PK'ers can kill them from the outside. There's not much we can do to stop that behavior, but the healing is silly.

One day I intend to be karma gray, because it's where I want the character's RP to sit. I'm totally aware of the disadvantage. And this is what I'd like to see: If a blue player heals a karma gray player, that blue player becomes karma gray for 5 minutes, not [criminal] gray. That way guards can't be called, but blue players fighting the gray player can put a stop to their currently untouchable agents. Blue players shouldn't be able to cancel out the penalty of karma gray players being attackable with their consequence-free assistance.

Another option would be to lose karma for healing a red or gray player, but that's kind of extreme because a lot of people's karma would suddenly plummet thanks to the heal spam that's in PvP at the moment. I think a 5 minute penalty is better.

The grey person can't attack you in town unless you attack them first. The best fix for this would be to ignore someone who's trying to provoke you and not attack them.

i'd like to see instant bandaid ressing go away.

make it so there is a delay when ressing with aids and have it fail 50% of the time.