Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions to improve the maze

I completed the maze north of destard yesterday night, I spent about 3 hours there trying to kill the monsters and to complete the 253 tiles of puzzle and my conclusion is that the rewards really suck. In the 3 hours I've been there I died a countless amount of time, I spent 100-200 regs, I figured out a plan of every single tile of the puzzle, where to hide, how to kill the monsters, and I ended up with 12K, a power weapon and a treasure map. In that time I could have killed the guardian of destard (20k/10 minutes + 1 vanq weapon), done 60K/hour hunting (180k), found a countless amount of weapons jewels and items.

I think the rewards should be tweaked, I don't see the point of running the whole maze (and killing the mobs) just for that.

The Master Mage only drops 6K by the way and you have to run through the whole maze to get there. I know it's not a hard kill but figuring out the place itself would be worth more than that!

Here's the problem with those mazes and tweaking the rewards. If you raise the rewards too much, someone will complete the maze once, write down exactly how to beat it, then they can run it again in 5 minutes.

For example, Rabbi Samild could run the Hedge Maze puzzle within minutes and have the mount tamed within 5 minutes of recalling in. Imagine if that were say, 3-4 hours worth of hunting loot in that maze. He'd be in, grab 3 hours worth of work in 5 minutes, and noone else would be able to get to it since they'd need to figure out the maze, then get to the end and have nothing be there.

A lot of the mazes are there just as a fun way to spend some time with a little reward at the end, but not something you can farm for massive profits. Hunting is still the best way to make gold.

Maybe make the monsters drop a bit more gold and special items. So you still have to kill them to get the stuff and it won't take 5mins.

would be nice if we can change the tiles every time somone completes it. so it will always be different

Epic Wrote:would be nice if we can change the tiles every time somone completes it. so it will always be different

That would be AWESOME but the rewards should be set accordingly too.

Right now at least if the monsters would drop rewards at least it would be worth it to kill them. As of now, Uthake drops 1k so it's a no kill, the huge guy (dragon type) drops 6k and not much so it's a run and skip. I won't even mention the succub, the liches and in fact even the master wizard that doesn't do or drop much.

What would make it interesting, and I'm just sayin, is if the master wizard would summon blade spirits to attack you or would poison you instantly with no spell delay. It would make things more interesting maybe! Also if it would be impossible to paralyse monsters in the maze it would be harder.

If it would be impossible to skip steps also it would be nice. Lock doors and put the key on the monsters. That would apply well to the area where the huge guy is.