Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fishing becomes a pain in the....

Why? Veryfication Gump
With the old Gump it was alright , and the new is too for mining and lumberjacking , but the amount of gumps while fishing?
It seems it respons to the same amount of executions of fishing like the other skills , which makes the verification gump appear at least all 4 minutes overall.
I know its needed , but it would be nice if fishing got a lower chance for it to appear because the execution rate of fishing is much higher.

Yarr you are right. One night while fishing and the sea god Vulcan was on my ship drinking with me I had 5 gumps in a row pop up. But I wouldnt mind all the gumps if fishing doesnt take as long as it does to gm.

Fishing is pretty powerful and since there's no delay which means it needs to be compensated with a higher AFK check frequency.
If we added a delay to fishing we could decrease the AFK check frequency but then we would need to balance the whole skill again which takes a lot of time.

Taran Wrote:Fishing is pretty powerful and since there's no delay which means it needs to be compensated with a higher AFK check frequency.
If we added a delay to fishing we could decrease the AFK check frequency but then we would need to balance the whole skill again which takes a lot of time.

Fishin is pretty powerful , but in comparison to what?
If we look realisticly at it i would say mining and even lumberjacking are pretty powerful too , since mining always gives you value (i think you can get 1k iron ingots in 30min?) while fishing gives you mostly... fish , which does not give nearly as much profit in the same time , and that is compensated by the fact that there is a chance for some rares.
So imo i think theyre pretty even , if not mining probably gives you more profit anyway?
If im completly wrong here please tell me.

To get a fishing net / MiB you have to kill the monster that has it in side it right? (im only at 82 fishing so thats they only way im finding them) If thats the case it would hard to gain alot being afk if what your looking for is inside a monster. But I could be wrong as well.

Kander Wrote:To get a fishing net / MiB you have to kill the monster that has it in side it right? (im only at 82 fishing so thats they only way im finding them) If thats the case it would hard to gain alot being afk if what your looking for is inside a monster. But I could be wrong as well.

Your right , but i dont ask to remove the gump here , im just asking it to occur less , since its annyoing to always go into the browser evers 2-4 min while fishing.
If you decide to remove the gump players would just take scripts that kill monsters and loot them too , its not even hard.

Azuru Wrote:If you decide to remove the gump players would just take scripts that kill monsters and loot them too , its not even hard.

That right there is why I will always hate easy uo and other programs like it. They help players out way to much and the only effort you need it to know how to make a script and when to hit a button. LONG LIVE RAZOR!