Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restarting server this Sunday - Lots of improvements!

The server will be restarted this Sunday at around 6pm server time GMT+1 (noon EST).
Here are some of the changes:
  • Supremely accurate weapons now give +15 tactics instead of +25. Changed the hit chance factor as well so the chance to hit with a +15 weapon is the same as a +25 weapon was before. This means that all other accuracy levels will hit slightly more often.
  • The auto tour system will now remove armor piece by piece instead of spawning a referee. If noone has been killed after all armor is gone the referee will still spawn though (to prevent trolling).
  • When killing murderers or criminals you will now always gain karma and when killing blue players you will always loose karma. You still only gain/loose karma if you attack first and if it's not a faction kill.
  • Added a new mustang scripts. Many spawns will get new mounts and/or hues and all new mustangs will be stronger.
  • Added a new point system to deathmatch, the more points someone has the more points you will get when killing him. Also, when you die in a deathmatch you will now have to type .dmres to res. If you don't do that within 60 secs you get kicked from the game.
  • Changed the damage values on most weapons so the hits aren't as random, the average damage is still the same.

A complete changelog will be posted here as usual once the server is restarted.

The auto tour system will now remove armor piece by piece instead of spawning a referee. If noone has been killed after all armor is gone the referee will still spawn though (to prevent trolling)

May I suggest to way 5 mins or so before spawning the ref? I'm sure by then somebody will die if it's a legit duel

Yeah that's what will happen, there's a 1 min delay between the armor pieces removing.

"-Added a new point system to deathmatch, the more points someone has the more points you will get when killing him. Also, when you die in a deathmatch you will now have to type .dmres to res. If you don't do that within 60 secs you get kicked from the game.

-Changed the damage values on most weapons so the hits aren't as random, the average damage is still the same."

Nice.

Danke

Wow, see, we do listen Tongue

Loki Wrote:Wow, see, we do listen Tongue
What did you say? I wasn't listening.

Was wondering if you could change the colour of the irc text IN ultima online. It is currently dark purple and I can't read it properly unless I pull up my journal every time.

I'm pretty sure its IRC as I dont know if you guys have it but it looks like <#IN> name:

Thanks,
-eb

Taran , make nightmares shrinable anyway they cann't
1.Attack players
2.be tamed to easy
3.to training them take really a lot of time(and still bugged(cann't gain str))
then we've got hard scp+one non usable spawn...
Offer to change.
1.no need to change
2.make it shrinkable
3.fix problem with str (like we saw before in shadok post , he said it can be trained till (stronger then EV(drake) level) with 150str and 170hp , it must to cast FS each 0.2sec , to be stronger then drake
-----------------
what mount we will get ?!
1. shrinkable(usable for all players)
2. non pvp mount
3. it will be much more expensive then u can gain money with it anyway (let's count together)
-1.1) like said shadok , with full trained nightmare u can gain 2xGold it's about 90k per hour (then we will count what str wiill be fixed and u get +40k per hour)
-1.2) how much will be cost normal mare with respawn 1 week + hard to tame (around 200-250k) (why to expansive ?! everyone will think it will bring a lot of money))
-1.3)how much will be cost battle(trained till gm stats/skills) nightmare (around 1.5mil) (i tried to trained them , it's really hard (2 person(75 and 85 vet) was healing nightmares spend about 7000 bandages , 4-6 hours , resaults ? = 1 nightmare dead , second one , tactics 69.7( then till gm u need spend more 3-4 nights)) and that one still fixing str.... all the time got 149str, when it will be fixed to trianing them will be more harder...)))
-1.4) in the end u've got for example mount for 1 or 1.5mil and where u'll go !? for example , best place will be destard (of course u cann't attack lunars/wyrms and guardians) even with 500-600str , r mare will die for 10-25sec , u'll hunt for weaker mobs like , normal dragon and drake...even if we will count +40k gold per hour , to get money back for nightmare u must to kill drgaons non-stop about 24-36 hours , is it possible ?! don't think so..in first 1-2-3 hours u'll be PK...
-1.5) then , just rich ppl will have "battle" mares , and it will be more for fun then for money , and main thing is IT CAN'T DISBALANCE PVP SYSTEM!

ElvenBane Wrote:Was wondering if you could change the colour of the irc text IN ultima online. It is currently dark purple and I can't read it properly unless I pull up my journal every time.

I'm pretty sure its IRC as I dont know if you guys have it but it looks like <#IN> name:

Thanks,
-eb

hit .c and then the M button, I think. there's an option in there to change the color of all the different message types. :3

About death matches. How about making it so you get credit for the kill if you inflicted the most damage instead of getting the last hit? It would stop people from just ganking whoever they see being attacked and hoping to get the last hit and steal the kill.

Hey Taran or any staff who reads this I went to wind a few weeks ago and didnt see any tamable stangs or any kind of mount there.. will you be setting up some spawns in Wind?? It's a perfect spot and was always filled with mounts as far back as I can remember.. just a thought!