Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

#IN, #Public... #Market!!!

Let's add another chat channel where people will spam their exclamations of how their goods are perfect for you. And so that we could turn if off!

Because they will do it, even after you ask them not to do that.

And ban for spamming in other channels not supposed for it.

Restocked! Lowest Prices on Shard! All low-end Exceptional plates on SALE! Also Barbed/Horned/Spined leathers restocked and still on SALE! 20k or less for 50AR!
These prices are insane!

Lamby Wrote:Restocked! Lowest Prices on Shard! All low-end Exceptional plates on SALE! Also Barbed/Horned/Spined leathers restocked and still on SALE! 20k or less for 50AR!
These prices are insane!

i just died. ^

Screw that, I can't drive down the highway and be like I want a second highway where people can't put ads. You're going to see my ads whether you like it or not. Just be lucky I don't transmit them to you while you sleep.

advertising isn't the issue, someone saying every so often really isn't a problem. the constant repeating every few seconds is though. When trying to help people or just chat to those in game can be near on impossible when people spam constantly.

I don't see a need for another room, just something to prevent/reduce the spam (repeating every few seconds). Even something like people have to log into the chat to advertise, so at least we can set them on ignore, can't ignore ingame or it ignores everyone using .c.

But honestly even with that or even separate rooms, you wouldn't stop it, some people just are just jackasses and have no consideration for others.

Ayleth Payne Wrote:But honestly even with that or even separate rooms, you wouldn't stop it, some people just are just jackasses and have no consideration for others.

Sure. We can't change the whole world Wink We just can try to make it a bit better.
Maybe we could *slap* them to unconsciousness...

What would be really nice is if it blocks them from sending the exact same message more than once per 5 minutes or so.

I get the feeling this would take up a lot of RAM and CPU on the server though, to either have it check log files or maybe check MD5 hashes of the message to see if the same hash exists in that user's history. Added to tracker for looking into.

cant you block that player?

We can squelch them in-game, though it's not always something you'd want to do. Ideally we should have a .chatsquelch command that only blocks them from speaking in the public chat.