Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Official Pony Thread] For Israfil - He is sure to love it.

Then go watch it.

Why are you still reading this and now watching it?

They're actually pretty entertaining and well written. Some people just don't like cartoons though.

Another one that I like is "Chowder". I just spent like 10 minutes looking for an episode that wasn't removed by Cartoon Network nazis and came up with nothing. You can torrent it if you're interested.

I'm more into cliche fighting type animes. Like all time classic Dragonball series, Bleach, Naruto :3(****ing fillers :madSmile, Soul Eater, Hunter x Hunter, and all the other classic fighting style animes Smile.BTW Not the english dubbed crap of course. MLP doesn't have that, it be too extreme for ponies Tongue

Should've put Soul Eater and Hunter x Hunter at the front and left the other ones out.

Eru Wrote:Should've put Soul Eater and Hunter x Hunter at the front and left the other ones out.

lol too main stream huh Tongue

Nope, they're just about fighting and pretty much nothing else. People are either fighting, talking about fighting, or training for fighting. Dragonball especially. They take entire story arcs that could be done in a couple of episodes of a normal series that is more focused on story. In short, I prefer where the fighting is second to the story, not where the story is second to the fighting. A good comparison would be Gundam vs Eureka 7. Both are 'about' fighting robots, but Eureka 7 is mostly about story with the robots as an afterthought.

Also, there should be 'good guys' and 'bad guys', of course, but there should be more to their characters than that. Hunter x Hunter is good at having flaws in the main, 'good' characters, while also having the 'bad' guys also have aspects and reasons that you can relate to.

Eru Wrote:Nope, they're just about fighting and pretty much nothing else. People are either fighting, talking about fighting, or training for fighting. Dragonball especially. They take entire story arcs that could be done in a couple of episodes of a normal series that is more focused on story. In short, I prefer where the fighting is second to the story, not where the story is second to the fighting. A good comparison would be Gundam vs Eureka 7. Both are 'about' fighting robots, but Eureka 7 is mostly about story with the robots as an afterthought.

Also, there should be 'good guys' and 'bad guys', of course, but there should be more to their characters than that. Hunter x Hunter is good at having flaws in the main, 'good' characters, while also having the 'bad' guys also have aspects and reasons that you can relate to.

Yeah I'm more into the battles and the humor than story myself. I mean yeah story line is good and all but i like the battles. Although i think powering up most of the time in a anime is really ridiculous and redundant lol. I'm actually not really interested in the space/robot type anime although i do still like Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. Hunter X Hunter took me a few episodes to get into but i like the way nen was described which was really cool. It's sad that Hunter X Hunter and Soul Eater wasn't made any longer. I really think they ended too soon Sad

I actually haven't finished Hunter x Hunter yet. Tongue I finished the TV series and the first OVA and I'm starting the second on right now. Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star are both good. Those two and Trigun are what got me started. At first I didn't like the Nen abilities in Hunter x Hunter, but they're growing on me. I really liked the Hunter Exam part because it wasn't based on anything supernatural and was more relatable, but then again, this is Japan we're talking about, so there has to be some weird super powers. Tongue

lol its great, Hisoka is a bad ass and great at being a troll haha.

Your talking about shit ive seen like years ago D:

yeah i know :/

What's the matter, old timer? Forgot about it because it was so long ago? Tongue I'm working on downloading the manga so I can read it while I'm in Thailand in my extra time. It's got a pretty nice ending, I suppose. Oh, and Dashie, have you seen the new 2011 remake of Hunter x Hunter?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlop9v_...shortfilms

If your barbarbar country is blocking it, you'll have to search for it.