Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unhandled Exeption - Error

So after a long time I decided to play UO again and downloaded the trial a few days ago. After wasting sometime in the offical servers I decided to find a free one and ended up here.

So as in the site I used the steps at "Existing Ultima Online installation"

Downloaded the old client
Downloaded and installed Razor
Downloaded and used patcher
After the patch I changed the values and when I wanted to start Razor gives the error;

System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

Not sure what is wrong so I did all the steps once more but couldn't seem to pass that. Would be great if you give me a hand here.
Thanks

A quick search on Google gave me this: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/w...or.309414/

In short, try reinstalling your .NET framework. If that does not work try another client.

Yep, usually that error is related to .NET

I'm assuming you're on Windows XP? Usually Vista and Windows 7 ship with all the required .NET stuff. Added to /faq page

Taran Wrote:A quick search on Google gave me this: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/w...or.309414/

In short, try reinstalling your .NET framework. If that does not work try another client.

which client?