Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New player from BFUO

Sup. I've played BFUO for like 6 years maybe.
Now that BFUO died permanently, I'm looking for a new home.
I only got 3 questions.

First question: How is the pvp? BFUO like?
Second Question: Anyone here from bfuo shard?
Third Question: So, I can raise all skills in one char, theres no skill cap limit?

1) I dunno what BFUO PVP is like! I also don't know much about what our PVP is like since I don't actually PVP. I just break build things.
2) idunno
3) Yes, you can raise all skills to 100 given enough time. http://in-uo.net/info/guides/68-skillup
3.b) Stat cap is 300, but a single stat can go up to 120. (100/100/100) (120/120/60) (110/110/80) etc.

pvp is not at all as at BFUO, if i recall correctly BFUO is like lothlorien/ gardacia/ europvp/cecils/ arcodia. here you barely have los (only walls and trees) and spells cannot be fizzled.. its a melee/ mage hybrid kind of.

HOWEVER, from what I have heard Taran (game owner) is looking into fizzles, and has a fizzle test area. and if we gain enough support there might be a change. Stick around to see it and be prepared for when it comes, and experience an awesome shard (if fizzle gets introduced).

LETS MAKE FIZZLE A HOUSEHOLD NAME

FIZZLE 2012 for IN-UO

I've never played a shard with spells not fizzling. How are you suppose to stop other players spell? You have to avoid it by not being in his los?
Not trying to change the shard, but Fizzle has a really really important role in this game...

it's because you wasn't playing anywhere except 1 shard. no offence.

OlbrieN Wrote:I've never played a shard with spells not fizzling. How are you suppose to stop other players spell? You have to avoid it by not being in his los?
Not trying to change the shard, but Fizzle has a really really important role in this game...

Like... How are you supposed to play football without a hockey stick? I've never really played football... Hockey sticks are important! How can you play football without a hockey stick?!

You are still able to fizzle spells by breaking LoS. Also the recall spell can be fizzled with damage. PvP is something we're still working on though. You have to realise though that there are many players of many different backgrounds here and the PvP will never exactly match what each group is used to because that is in fact impossible, but our aim is to have a fun and competitive system which rewards skill and participation and works well with our economy.

cana Wrote:like... How are you supposed to play football without a hockey stick? I've never really played football... Hockey sticks are important! How can you play football without a hockey stick?!
lol

por corp wis Wrote:it's because you wasn't playing anywhere except 1 shard. no offence.

what kind of idiot response is that? i named 6 shards i played on, and i had the same view as him when i came. i still hold that view, this pvp is for complete noobs "no offence"

OlbrieN Wrote:I've never played a shard with spells not fizzling. How are you suppose to stop other players spell? You have to avoid it by not being in his los?

how about casting another spell depending on the situation ... instead of SPAMMING In Por Ylem In Por Ylem In Por Ylem In Por Ylem...
try it, is fun!

You can "counter spells" by casting other spells. For example if somebody is casting a flame strike on you then you can cast a greater heal on yourself to counter the spell, or a magic reflection to make it reflect back at the caster. You can also combine greater heal spell + greater heal pot and then surprise the attacker by attacking back etc.

This PvP is more about using weapons to get good hits, waiting for the right moment, and then calculating what kind of "combo dump" with different spells you will have to do in order to kill the other guy, without him managing to heal up from your attack. It's hard to explain in words, it's better to just try it out, but I think you'll like it Smile

You can also run out of LoS if you prefer that, just not cancel it with a spell. It's not bad, it's just different. Give it a shot and you will see Smile We have had several fizzle-pvpers who came here with the same thoughts u have, and most of them seem to have adapted pretty good already, and they still haven't been here long Smile

This is the most oldschool PVP style on Ultima Online, and this shard is made of ancients, people with irl kids/jobs that once were trying to avoid irl stuff to play this game on oldschool style Shard like Alias Mortal/Xtreme/IN:UO/Novus Opiate...

If you are going to change the whole PVP system, im sure ancients dont have the time/head to spend hours getting the 55i style... plus oldschool style is easier to learn...

And like a wise man once said... "it's because you wasn't playing anywhere except 1 shard. no offence."...
Coz even if u played 11 shards Themu, due to your age u might have never tried something oldschool...

To Honour UO projects i believe you should keep it oldschool PVP style and everyone should learn it... or make the Fizzle tourney or something like that...

Playing UO, not knowing oldschool PVP, is like,
Living at a Fishing Port, not knowing how to fish...