Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

IN Patcher

I ran IN Patcher this morning. It's really sluggish and the application hangs for several minutes at a time (windows asks would you like to close the program or wait for it to respond). First the program said it'll update itself and this is what it says after:
Code:
Chk:###

Updating statics1.mul (0MB)

0 MB with every file? It wasn't this slow when I last used it. What is that 0MB? Size difference in files? Size of the file to be transfered?

Hmm try deleting Patcher.ini and run the program again.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!! Before you do that, could you post the contents of the .ini file before deleting it? Or PM it to me?

If it's glitching out at the beginning, it's probably having problems connecting to the download site. Same with 0MB for all the files. I'd like to see a messed up .ini file so I can try to see where things are going wrong.

I left it running and it eventually worked but I had to run it again since it seemed to miss some files.

Here's contents of the .ini file just in case but it seems to be ok now:
Code:
[Options]
ClientLocation=D:\Games\Ultima Online
LaunchFile=D:\Games\Ultima Online\Injection\ilaunch.exe
DLSource=http://dl.dropbox.com/s/dc14xgq51tv44uv
ClientVersion=6

I'm thinking it may be a connection problem. It looks like the launch/client locations are set right (only the Client should matter) and that it's using the right client version.

The DLSource doesn't load for me, but I think that was from when I was working on converting the patcher over to be able to be configured completely through the INI file, but it doesn't actually do anything.