Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Want to run smooth like the wind with crap ping!? Read this!

Are you one of the people who live far far away from the server and can't even run properly without spiking all the time? Then I have a solution for you!

1. Download Injection

2. Install Injection

3. Enable smooth walk

After this you'll never run choppy again Smile It's the second best thing for you, so if you are planning to quit because of bad ping etc, then think again! It makes it feel like you have a 20ms connection instead of a 600ms connection! Smile

Downsides with injection:

* You can't set the screen as big as you can with razor.

* It's harder to make macros (you can't record them, you have to script them)

* Sometimes the smooth walk can "forget to view objects/players/monsters" (very rarely), so make a macro called "resend" and you just have to hit that button when that happens.

But if you can get past these two things then the smooth walk will make such a difference for you that you'll actually ENJOY playing again! Try it out! You can learn how to make basic macros with it pretty easy, guides can be found on the forum, so that won't be a big problem really Smile HERE's a getting started guide for you!

Good luck, and tell all the players who quit because of bad ping to come back and enjoy themselves again!

I told some people about this and their reaction was "OH MY GOD, I CANT BELIEVE THE DIFFERECE IT MAKES! I CAN RUN SMOOTH NOW!", be one of those guys, try it out, and have fun again!

- Adam

Nice guide. Smile I'll add this to the FAQ. http://in-uo.net/info/faq

I was one of those who got told about this, I am amazed on the difference it made. Being in Australia my ping was never great but the improvement I got with doing what was suggested above was rather astonishing.. My god this sounds like one of the infomercial testimonials lol, but seriously, it does work and anyone with ping issues should give it a try, you got nothing to lose and you might get as big of a surprise as I did.

Wow, I can't wait to try this now Smile Thanks for the guide and recommendation Tongue

sounds great! i have to try this at home too. thanks!

Nice post! i didnt know about the resend command!! that trully will be helpfull ;D

I'll have to give it a try. Hopefully it fixes my laggy spell delay.

Be warned that if you already have low ping it will actually make performance worse (i.e. you won't move any better but you'll have to resync way more often).

I try to run ilaunch and I get an error saying "expat.dll" was not found so I can't install. Anyone know why?

Lags Wrote:I'll have to give it a try. Hopefully it fixes my laggy spell delay.

Well, smooth walk in itself will most likely not fix the spell delay part, but if you're using razor and now changing to Injection then it may decrease your spell delay a bit just because Injection has a smaller delay on spells than razor, so its still worth testing Smile

An easy way to explain how smooth walk works according to my understand is to think about it as UO vs WoW. In UO your connection determines your run speed. If the connection is slow you run slow (or spikey). In WoW you never get "spikes" because of your connection, you just keep moving and if you are having a lot of lag then you're not actually "yet" hitting the item you are trying to hit. So smooth walk pretty much sends commands to the server about "where you should be", rather than sending commands to the server about "where you are trying to go", if that makes any sense :p

Unless you have lost connection completely or have an extremely high ping of like 3000ms (and then you shouldn't be playing here anyways) your gaming experience will improve this way, because UO sends very small packets of information to the server saying where you are, so you will pretty much be where smooth walk tells the server that you are, and you will have a smoother gaming experience in terms of running Smile

BUT when it comes to spells it is your ping to the server that determines how fast the command is sent to the server and back (saying that you want to heal yourself for example) and there for it shouldn't help against this thing last time I checked :/

Basically it fixes the run issue but not the delay on spells issue. I would still strongly recommend it for anybody with a bit of a higher ping tho, because even if you don't spike it may actually make you run faster than you do already, since it makes you run the way you would've run if you had very good ping Smile

But like Loki said, if you don't have spike lag while running or if it does not increase your speed a lot then I would actually recommend NOT using it because then all it does is make players/monsters/objects disappear every now and then, which means that you just have to use the resync button a lot, without really gaining anything from it :/

Lags Wrote:I try to run ilaunch and I get an error saying "expat.dll" was not found so I can't install. Anyone know why?

I think what's causing that is you trying to execute the game with client 6.0.4.0 or any other newer client. Try to execute it with client 5.0.1h instead like in Erus guide and you should be fine. Also make sure that you have the expat.dll file in your injection folder Smile (it was a long time since I installed injection tho but I think that's why anyway, I think I had that same problem once in the past)

u can get it directly from the IN patcher . itll install itself automatic + setup so id try installing it from IN patcher.