Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Spells and More!

So, I seem to remember there were odd spells you could cast on IN1. Like firebolt... hallucination... a few others I dont really remember.

That got me to thinking... how about some cool new spells that you must learn from quests and such? Perhaps release a new spell once every two weeks or something?

These spells would, of course, need to have no impact on pvp (which is already under scrutiny it seems). I like the idea of maybe spells that do the same damage as say... fireball or lightning bolt... but have a different animation, and perhaps have interesting perks in PvE.

**Examples**
Water Bolt:
A water orb that causes a splashing animation when it hits its target. Does the same damage as fireball but does substantially more damage to some creature type (like insects or something?)

Nightmare:
Evoke a nightmare upon the mind of your target, causing them to see all players and npcs as zombies.

Vine Grasp:
Call upon vines to grasp foes, holding them in place. Upon release, if the target is an NPC, it inflicts deadly poison. (it acts just like paralyze on players though).

Anyway, that sort of stuff. Just fun and whimsical spells. It could open up new RPs as well. Maybe a group of mages who dont use fire magic, so they use the water alternatives to FS and Explosion.

I know its a bit of an undertaking (new scripts lead to potential new bugs etc) but I was always fascinated by those strange spells that were in the "other" spell book on IN1.

Another point I wanted to add:

One of my favorite things about IN1 was how new things were released pretty regularly. I see that you guys still do this from time to time, but I think if you accelerated the rate of new additions to the game, even if they are small... that would be very exciting!

Things like a new tamable mustang hue, new craftable weapon or armor, new ore, new town, new quest, and new event pretty common place. These sorts of additions are signs of a vibrant shard and active staff, and will probably attract even more new players.

Anyway, enjoy reading that wall of text lol

OH and maybe its just because im busy macroing alchemy, but some "just for fun" potions or poisons would be cool too. Maybe a poison that if applied to food and eaten will turn the victim to a rat... or a potion that if drank turns you into a copy of the nearest player for a few seconds... etc Smile

I'm geeking out about these ideas...

Maybe a quest that lets you polymorph into additional forms? Or a quest that allows you to summon additional creatures (Maybe the old and beloved Pheonix?!). Big Grin

While we're day dreaming... what might be cool is to have your spell animations copy the color of your reward spellbook. Smile

Not a day dream! Very possible! Just... effort... heh

But of course. Tongue This is Imagine Nation after all.

I believe in your scripting skills Eru-kun! If I post a pony, will it be more likely to happen? Big Grin

Could be. Though it'd be Taran or Nasir doing the scripting. I dunno C# for beans and don't have the time to learn it right now with school/work every day. >_<

I like the spell changing color with spellbook, but I would probably have to recolor mine! Would the new spells with different animations have the same power words? Would have pvp impact if we had to relearn spells to know what they did and react accordingly.

I vaguely recall a fire colored spear from IN1, is that in the game currently? I think I saw one hung up in a shop somewhere, but I dont think it exists anymore as a craftable item.

Phoenix Breath .. Randomly casts explosion on crit

Prototype Spell - Kills an enemy instantly costing no mana and makes they're corpse explode giving you & your guild 10,000 fame and all items in the body costing 0 mana.

Since were trying to re-create a completely new spell base .. Why Not?!

ooo .. almost forgot .. No animation at all ... maybe the spell can just drop all Blue players to 1HP as an animation so that all blue players know when it's casted.

Just sayin ..

Siren Wrote:These spells would, of course, need to have no impact on pvp (which is already under scrutiny it seems).
Looks like most of the suggested changes are just cosmetic, like a waterbolt instead of firebolt. Same damage, just different hue.