Poll: Should Icebludel be a second guarded mine? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, guarded.
42.55%
42.55%
No, unguarded.
57.45%
57.45%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Second Guarded Mine? (Icebludel)

Gotta go with sm0ke and habibi on this one....

bloodrock Wrote:People probably make more money off iron then they any other ingot because of the quantity.

I dont see a problem with 2 guarded mines as long as it's only 2

Until both of those mines get crowded and then it's only 3 mines, the reason it's filled is because it's guarded just mine somewhere where people can't find you it's a simple solution.

sm0ke Wrote:Until both of those mines get crowded and then it's only 3 mines, the reason it's filled is because it's guarded just mine somewhere where people can't find you it's a simple solution.

yeah that's true there are a lot of mines out there. where no one is around.

Eru Wrote:Right now there are two guarded mines. After seeing 10 people crowding the Mt. Kendall mine, we turned on guards at Icebludel. This has gotten mixed reviews so I figure we should vote on it.

As for discussion, please spare me the 12 pages of arguments about "carebear," "doodz," "griefers," "guards are for babies," etc. I trust people can make a point without having to call names.

stop those noobs thinks right now ! Mining should be risky ffs. why not guard the whole world ...?! I vote NO there should not be any GUARDED mining caves!

Guard the hole world and make more Supplied tourneys!! YAY!!! And then claim that economy its ****ed up!!

Yeah... I wish there was a vote option for "remove all guarded mines". Since there wasn't, and there is already 1 guarded mine, 2 won't change much. It doesn't bother me to see them but I would much, much rather see no guarded mines. I've never in my UO career heard of this.

I never seen guarded mines either.

I can accept the concept of a safe area for newbies, but I think
an unguarded mine should reward better/More minerals.
So people are motivated to go there... some other will try to kill them, some other will try to protected the miner and kill the pk... conclusion : motivated PVP!

just my 2 cents.

Lynn Fury Wrote:I never seen guarded mines either.

I can accept the concept of a safe area for newbies, but I think
an unguarded mine should reward better/More minerals.
So people are motivated to go there... some other will try to kill them, some other will try to protected the miner and kill the pk... conclusion : motivated PVP!

just my 2 cents.

Interesting.

Even guarded mines aren't that safe. I walked into Mt Kendall red and killed a miner. He could have G whacked me but he was probably afk.