Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who is in the air?

Quenta non mysterium.
Those inhabiting the air.

[Air is a tangible atmosphere and intangible volatile substance that can be called ‘spiritual air’.]

[SIZE="3"]From “The Sosarian Census of Population”. Date unknown.[/SIZE]

Sylphs – a name given by human beings whose don’t understand the essence of us.

The genuine name of ours is Sylvesters.

If you ever meet us, you’ll be amazed by our long hair of lilac, turquoise and sometimes aquamarine.
Humans say that after our dances we leave beautiful circles of slightly flattened grass on meadows. They have legends that we are able of designing snowflakes and gathering clouds.
Our wings have only a decorative function, because we don’t really need them for flying. Winds are our equipages. Sometimes you can notice that air around you is vibrating – it’s us breathing behind your back.

Sylphs, nymphs and air elementals are kindred. But sylphs are way too humanized. We are friendly, sociable and curious about everything in this world. We are joyous, eccentric and our thoughts float permanently among the trees’ tops.
As human beings believe, every sylph has superpowers as levitation, invisibility and air element magic. Who knows… you can always try us.

As we are complete neutral to any controversy, or dispute, and often see no sense in causing harm, we don’t fight against any conscious being of this world.
There is a legend that sylphs live for a very long time and never grow old. They always stay young and beautiful.

I hope this is true.

[SIZE="3"]From “The History of Britannia”, Volume IV, Chapter IX.[/SIZE]

“In Ex Hur”, he whispered and disappeared in the night.
From the song “Additional Dreams” by Elia.

It is strange, but we can assure you that the Tribe of Sylphs sailed down from the North and instantly populated the town of Yew. There were very few people living there, so sylphs became a wonderful addition to the ‘woody’ people of Yew. They decorated the whole town and grew amazing forest in the area.

Through time, sylphs grew in population and began to settle everywhere on the continent. Through their restlessness they couldn’t find a single and only place to settle in, so they always travel and change one piece of land to another.

Sylphs are known for their yearning for healing the wounded and helping those uninitiated. They have ardour for music, theatre and arts, especially collective ones. Sometimes we can’t wholly understand this or that product of their arts, though they call it a rare masterpiece.

Sylphian names are carved on trees throughout the whole continent of Britannia, so we can say for sure that they are an essential part of our world.

Please send me a page ingame and we will talk about your RP and such. I have a few questions for you. I will answer your page when next we are both online! Thanks for the story though. I want to know more! Post more stories and keep adding to the rich lore of Imagine Nation! '

-Discord