Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newt Eyes/Leather

Are newt eyes currently only available at mage shops? Are there any monsters that drop them? Just curious because farming them is a lot more fun/rewarding than buying them out in mage shops or in bulk. Just my opinion.

Also leather... Leather seems to only be useful for crafting leather armor, which isn't good armor, and cartography. I feel like leather would have a lot more appeal as a resource if it could be used to make blank scrolls. Say, 5 leather per blank.

-Habibi

Habibi Jones Wrote:Are newt eyes currently only available at mage shops? Are there any monsters that drop them? Just curious because farming them is a lot more fun/rewarding than buying them out in mage shops or in bulk. Just my opinion.
I like this idea. I'm going to add giant newts to swamps now.

Habibi Jones Wrote:Also leather... Leather seems to only be useful for crafting leather armor, which isn't good armor, and cartography. I feel like leather would have a lot more appeal as a resource if it could be used to make blank scrolls. Say, 5 leather per blank.
I like 1 per blank scroll and maybe one other reagent. I need to look at the reagents that are used to see which ones are used the least. Maybe Sulfurous Ash since noone uses it for potions?

Yeah SA would be reasonable, also GL.

Oh also, if you're looking to make it so that blanks can be crafted with 1 leather and a reagent, you might want to take into consideration leather drop rates from dragons and what not. As of now dragons and drakes drop 40 (i believe) leather, so if this idea goes through it might be best to reduce leather dropped by mobs.

True, but right now one log and one spider's silk make a scroll. Maybe two or three leather for the scroll. *shrug*

If you want to make them just leather, I'd say have them cost a few leather per scroll. If you want to make them 1 leather and a reagant, I'd say just lower the droprate of leather a bit. If you want to keep it how it is, that's fine too Big Grin

I checked these giant newts out when you added them, forgot to write my opinion. Killing 5 gave me 10 eyes and took 5 minutes. Maybe you should spawn "newt lords" or some stupid name like that with the giant newts that are SphereCasters? That way farming newt eyes is actually something worthwhile.

The giant newts are fairly weak i guess thats why they only drop 2 eyes each. Make them a little stronger and then have them drop like 10 each would be nice.