Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible to set custom game resolution?

My problem is that I'm using a TV-screen as monitor and everything looks very small to me, especially the text. I'm wondering if it's possible to expand the gamescreen size but still keeping the same game resolution? (Bascially zooming the whole window so everything gets bigger)

Thanks in advance.

- Lederoil

You can lower the resolution of your screen. That way the game area takes up more space.

That's really the only way to do it. Unless your TV has a way to zoom in (mine does). Either way when you blow it up bigger it will be very very pixelated.

There is a way to do it, BUT it involves re-patching the actual client. I was talking to Gang about it and we were going to try it out, but it got forgotten, I think. Plus the instructions were in russian moon runes so I can't read it. Tongue

I'd LOVE to find a way to patch the client to have both a higher resolution (can see further) and to expand it a bit so that it takes up a bit more space in my screen. I have the same issue you do with it taking up only a tiny fraction of my screen because of the huge resolution monitors can have now compared to when UO was release. Tongue

You can edit your game play window with razor. I do it to make every thing fit my screen to make every thing organized.

Yep, problem is that it only works for razor. Sad

My goodness... If you could make it so you could see farther without the black space O.O

you cant see farther... it only redimensionates your current screen =x
if you could see farther then i could fit all destard in a tv and never get pked again! ;D

What would be nice is if you could zoom it that big, but still have it where it doesn't load characters further than it does now. Tongue The amount of bandwidth required to play or run the server would be insane if everyone was downloading all the NPCs and player movements in the whole dungeon. Tongue

wow!! then eru, thats the way to remove the lag from australians!! make so you can only see a tile after your char! they will lag less and whats more exciting than to know death might be a tile away? xD

Raziel_ Wrote:wow!! then eru, thats the way to remove the lag from australians!! make so you can only see a tile after your char! they will lag less and whats more exciting than to know death might be a tile away? xD

hahahaha