Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anonymous Death Matches?

Anything i'll say is just my opinion, but I don't quite understand why you would practically force people to stay seperated. The change you suggest not only will make the people who uses ventrillo\skype\teamspeak even more overpowered when they already are(if they use micro that is), but also I don't get the point in general.

First time I participated this event on XUO, in something like 2005-2006, and I think it's where it originally came from. What I remember of this event from the XUO is that it always was the supplied ganking. From all the aspects I mean. Not only the players could've choosen will they gank solo or in team, they also could pick the team. As we all know thats exactly how it works in the world PvP.

At the XUO times the gank partners would practice their teamwork and timings in this event, thus becoming much stronger team in the ganking. The thing that we cannot apply benifical actions on the players&organize parties is what stopping myself and the entire Hostile guild(minus Dayana, the guy doesn't care) to join this event. Myself\Vandyke\Ginz\Ziggy\Reivax never join it only because it forces people to stay seperated. Noone of us really cares of UO gold so the prize is not a motivator, and learning to gank solo is pretty much useless for us, as everyone of us already has a good idea of the dynamics, plus it's much more effective to gank in the team instead, thus making the "solo-ganking-practice" absolete. For a fair fights there are 1vs1 tours\duel stones...
Also, like Adam said in some other thread it's indeed very hard to kill someone 1v1 using just magic, especially when this "someone" knows how to survive and is highly focused on getting away from you. So it's not even fun to gank alone either. Like I said this pvp does have flaws, and most of flaws are actually in ganking(imho). It's SO easy to stay alive in 2vs2 now that this kind of fighting is practically dead, but thats another story.

What I don't get is why you guys think that deathmatch has to be solo event? UO is multiplayer game, and communication is very important here. So, even if you don't have friend playing at the moment pretty much everyone should be capable of getting at least 1-2 gank buddies. I mean, I can even team up with people I usually attack at times when my friends are offline. If I can do that , you can do that too... So why forcing people to do something they don't want by limitting their possibilities?...

So, counter suggestion - enable parties & benefical actions in there instead ? Big Grin

Its not a gank fest or guildmatch, its regular tournament for people to have fun when they are bored or learn some pvp basics. Actually DM is the easiest way to see what is pvp like on this server.

You might be right, here it is, but as I said, when it was made it was INTENDED(i think, as maka never disabled it) to be gank fest. The supplied real world pvp. So people could get REAL image of how it works. Even if you win this deathmatch on regular basis or if you're just good in 1vs1 once youll try to PvP in the world here&get a ganking partner(trust me, you'll need one) you will realize that even tho you might be good seperated, your team work&understanding&timings need a lot of practice. Because if you don't time your attack perfectly(aka 2 fses in exact same time and so on) you won't really kill anyone.

I'm not pushing, I'm fine with not joining it instead, I wouldn't ever post what I posted but since this thread existed I thought I'll express my opinion.
I might have wrong impression of how deathmatch should work, I don't know. What I do know though is that you definitely have wrong impression how the world pvp works if you say the DM is best place to observe&learn it

I agree with you, and its impossible to make DM a "fair pvp" anyway, so I don't see a reason for anonymity too. I think afkers and young players are the only problems, people like Julito Maranha always trying to focus them. Kicking afkers and prevent young players from joining should be enough.

por corp wis Wrote:I agree with you, and its impossible to make DM a "fair pvp" anyway, so I don't see a reason for anonymity too. I think afkers and young players are the only problems, people like Julito Maranha always trying to focus them. Kicking afkers and prevent young players from joining should be enough.

This was pretty much my intended point as to why I took a screen shot and focused on one person just to show how lame it is :/

yeah gang i really like the idea of being able to heal/reflect others in the DM. i've always wondered why that wasn't possible... would add a whole new element.

Niiice, very good idea =o

I agree with giving people full HP when they respawn. So annoying getting res-ganked in there

And I agree with gang/hab

Deathmatch typically means free for all. Team deathmatch uses equal teams. People teaming up in deathmatch leaves solo people at a complete disadvantage (especially with the pvp style of this server) and leaves them with a very negative score. I think deathmatch should be fair game and prevent teaming. Being anonymous will help this