Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Was gonna play.

You can't fizzle enemy's spells so there is virtually no way to fight a gank unless you guy lucky with some line of sight. If you can fizzle with faster spells, you can actually stand a chance. Yes I know you can drink and invis and recall, but thats no fun is it?

Duels are a lot more fun with spell inturrupt as well.

Also earlier I saw a tourny being hosted and the arena was just a small box with no line of sight. Woudnt it be more fun to have a few pieces of LOS in the arena so people can use some tactics instead of just spamming spells? Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIepCOD1tUI&context=C3e71c0fADOEgsToPDskKFU5OCob44jx95CA86VJNz

Here is something for people that don't understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYre17uhLg

Wish I could play here but I just lag like crazy being on the other side of the world and all Smile Shard looks awesome though. 200+ players on a Sphere shard? Cool to see so many UO players around.

Yeah one of the first things I did was watch a 1v1 tourny and I mentioned the tourny boxes.. people were just like "huh? what do you mean los" lol.. sucks though it would have been cool to play along with you instead of getting owned by you haha.
......wait for it
...........Commence Flaming!

Several friends and I were also really disappointed to learn there are no fizzles as well.
Sphere uo pvp (as shown in second video) is among the best to ever be played in any game.

We were so happy to find a populated sphere server that wasn't nerfed to disneyland, but this (non fizzle) is a gamebreaker for most, unfortunately.

Lags woulda wrecked scrubs...
Maybe there'll be a TAR reunion someday on a fizzle shard!

spell reflection scrolls ftw imo :/

right i dont get this fizzle spell talk...theres other spells in your book...its so much better than everyone casting magic arrow.

This gave me an awesome idea. My sister got me to read some 'kids' book called Hunger Games where they take a bunch of people, turn them loose in a large area, then the last person alive wins it. This might be kindof fun actually. Tongue In the book it works like this:
  • People enter with no weapons (just clothing)
  • Weapons and reagents are scattered around the entry area and a few others may be scattered around elsewhere.
  • Once people are turned loose, they either run like crazy to the woods to hide, or they stick around the main area to fight for the best gear. Tongue
  • Last person alive wins.

It might be cool to do that with everyone fully equipped also. Drop everyone in the same area in a cage, then after a countdown, the safe area is turned off and the fences disappear to let everryone loose.

Eru Wrote:Hunger Games where they take a bunch of people, turn them loose in a large area, then the last person alive wins it.

The movie comes out next month. It doesn't look awful.

Lags that PvP tutorial was amazing. To me that type of pvp just makes sense. As in.. Its more logical.. PvP is the number one thing im addicted to. I like using knowledge to win fights. This shard has an amazing playerbase, 75% of em are macroing and are happy because they are danger free.. But once they learn they are helpless against a guild that has 7 people online at all times.. they will most likely get killed time after time and quit. My prediction when I started this shard was.. A massive drop in playerbase, a panick by the staff for trying something new.. (ADDING IN NORMAL PVP) and by that time it will be to late and player base will stay at aroun 80 or so... No matter what the shard is gonna lose unhappy players.. its unevitable. But those 10 players youd lose, Youd gain 20 IMO.. Like I said before.. I know of so many people that wont come play here cause of the style of pvp. Which is NO style. And if the pvp changed and certain pvpers quit because of that.. It just shows that they have no confidence in their intelligence. Sense thats what fizzle pvp is all about. I wanna donate, But im very hesitant that this type of pvp will get very boring fast..and I have heard this is like the third time this shard has been re-created... Idk what the other ones were like, but from what Im assuming it was the same pvp. The economy is amazing here. But the pvp is about who has the most players in their guild.. and thats fine because I can recruit 100 people and make it no fun for anyone. I have played 30 avg player based shards loyally because of the pvp. The only reason those shards failed was because they had no economy... Im gonna stay reguardless..but I just think the style of pvp takes away from the potential of this server.

And I hate to sound rude or anything.. but when talking to alot of the people here, They are so far behind in strategy and tactics.. Its weird. Its like 95% of this server is playing UO for the first time. I.E the one guy on the forums was complaining about how people can drink invis pots and it takes to long to reveal them.. Sense Ive been pvping EVEN I know to have a macro to magic arrow a lesser xpot in my bag to dmg and reveal... HE SAID.. USE A XPOT?? IT TAKES 3 SECONDS TO THROW IT!... thats when I sighed and said.. Oh yea. Im dealing with alot of neanderthols when it comes to pvp.. Its like I was sent back to UO in a time machine

Maximus Wrote:Lags that PvP tutorial was amazing. To me that type of pvp just makes sense. As in.. Its more logical.. PvP is the number one thing im addicted to. I like using knowledge to win fights. This shard has an amazing playerbase, 75% of em are macroing and are happy because they are danger free.. But once they learn they are helpless against a guild that has 7 people online at all times.. they will most likely get killed time after time and quit. My prediction when I started this shard was.. A massive drop in playerbase, a panick by the staff for trying something new.. (ADDING IN NORMAL PVP) and by that time it will be to late and player base will stay at aroun 80 or so... No matter what the shard is gonna lose unhappy players.. its unevitable. But those 10 players youd lose, Youd gain 20 IMO.. Like I said before.. I know of so many people that wont come play here cause of the style of pvp. Which is NO style. And if the pvp changed and certain pvpers quit because of that.. It just shows that they have no confidence in their intelligence. Sense thats what fizzle pvp is all about. I wanna donate, But im very hesitant that this type of pvp will get very boring fast..and I have heard this is like the third time this shard has been re-created... Idk what the other ones were like, but from what Im assuming it was the same pvp. The economy is amazing here. But the pvp is about who has the most players in their guild.. and thats fine because I can recruit 100 people and make it no fun for anyone. I have played 30 avg player based shards loyally because of the pvp. The only reason those shards failed was because they had no economy... Im gonna stay reguardless..but I just think the style of pvp takes away from the potential of this server.

And I hate to sound rude or anything.. but when talking to alot of the people here, They are so far behind in strategy and tactics.. Its weird. Its like 95% of this server is playing UO for the first time. I.E the one guy on the forums was complaining about how people can drink invis pots and it takes to long to reveal them.. Sense Ive been pvping EVEN I know to have a macro to magic arrow a lesser xpot in my bag to dmg and reveal... HE SAID.. USE A XPOT?? IT TAKES 3 SECONDS TO THROW IT!... thats when I sighed and said.. Oh yea. Im dealing with alot of neanderthols when it comes to pvp.. Its like I was sent back to UO in a time machine

You drop pretty quick in this server .. I've seen and killed you a few times too. Maybe 95% of this shard aren't 'neanderthols' as you put it.

Maybe you're just terrible at this type of PVP .. You mention that many 'won't come here' because of this style of PVP but it seems there are 200 players that are here right now. It's not as easy as adding a Rare dye tub .. you're talking about completely changing a PVP system to suite your preference and this is probably the third thread i've seen you post this in and several players obviously disagree with you. The Xuo PVPers on this server also wanted the PVP changed to their style but this is IN like I was already told in the past so get used to it.

Another thing .. stop trying to intimidate the staff by saying .. 'I was going to donate but I'm bad at this PVP and die MEN' .. No one cares.

Quit crying and learn the PVP or you'll keep dying.

Thanks.

[Image: HPJWt.png?8561]

Hey scarecrow.. ive been here for 4 days.. I have been pked once.. I have 5 macros set, and btw you inexperienced prick, Its not hard to change the pvp system... Wanna know how I know this.. Because Ive done it personally on other shards Ive staffed. And im not intimidating, Im telling the truth.. You and your guild are shitting bricks for the fact if Real pvp comes along you will quit because you obviously cant hack it 1V1.. And if your so good at pvp.. And once I start pvping, we will have staff host us a 1v1.. And once I rape you, You can cry all you want. You my friend are no wheres near my level. Ive met players like you.. And each time they go in hiding once people like myself get done macroing. I will beat you in any type of pvp. You are your little two handful of buddies can keep bashing this idea because you damn well know you aint shit.. I am surveying the server in game and so far I found a bunch of people Would like to see a fizzle system put in, but they dont post on the forums, OR they dont care cause they dont pvp. And thats the truth!. So go ahead tell me im crying.. But you look like a ***** right now scared shitless that a revolution might happen

Good pvp'ers always adapt to any play style. If every shard was the same it would get boring quick anyway. This pvp style relies heavily on what spell decisions you make/use so you don't run out of mana first. This is a different strategy than interrupt grab ass all day and some people like them and some people don't. That's the same with any shard and to me this ones interesting. And this was what IN1 was originally give or take

If you want any kind of insight,the people i can suggest are Habibi Jones, Makavelli and Vys which are some of the best pvpers here