Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Was gonna play.

The fizzle pvp in that video didn't really look appealing or fun to me but maybe some middle ground can be found. I definitely love the idea of tournaments in arenas that have LOS blockers though.

The hunger games idea sounds like a pretty good event along with the other one. I remember that Redorb but If I remember right it took place in a dungeon like area, not out in the open world.

Mael Wrote:i dunno all the videos ive seen when this system gets put in all ANYone ever does is use spells...how is that better? i really dont get it...sure lets make all the weapons here obsolete just so we can have fizzle system..thats just dumb in my mind...i mean hell weapons are almost useless as it is...

No, it actually makes magery LESS overpowered and makes melee more useable. When you get hit by anything that does damage, magery OR melee your spell fizzles. Someone is FSing you, you hit them with your sword, the FS fizzles.

Eru Wrote:This gave me an awesome idea. My sister got me to read some 'kids' book called Hunger Games where they take a bunch of people, turn them loose in a large area, then the last person alive wins it. This might be kindof fun actually. Tongue In the book it works like this:
  • People enter with no weapons (just clothing)
  • Weapons and reagents are scattered around the entry area and a few others may be scattered around elsewhere.
  • Once people are turned loose, they either run like crazy to the woods to hide, or they stick around the main area to fight for the best gear. Tongue
  • Last person alive wins.

It might be cool to do that with everyone fully equipped also. Drop everyone in the same area in a cage, then after a countdown, the safe area is turned off and the fences disappear to let everryone loose.

that movie is actually called Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome

Wink

Lags Wrote:I can't believe you guys don't have some boxes or a wall for LOS in the arenas. Don't you like being able to dodge spells or you like just standing there button mashing?

It's more challenging to kill players 1v1 with nothing blocking you and no spell fizzling, trying it is the only way to find out..

Lags Wrote:I can't believe you guys don't have some boxes or a wall for LOS in the arenas. Don't you like being able to dodge spells or you like just standing there button mashing?

I do agree that having something in the arena to block LOS would be a good change, and give both sides a chance to save themselves rather than just running in a circle and getting fsed in the arena.

Maximus Wrote:I dont mind the expense part of it. Id love it if they implemented a fizzle system but not to the full extreme.. maybe put their own twist on it. Make it so scrolls are needed. Theres lots of things they can do to come in the middle and make both sides happy

I gotta say I do agree with this... I mean I've played tons of shards in the past, and played all sorts of pvp styles as well... I've seen the videos you guys posted and I've played on those shards aswell. I do think that we should try implementing some fizzle spells, maybe just 1 or 2 at first, and just aim at making our own custom PVP with scrolls and fizzle combined (scrolls not being able to be fizzled) that with LOS blockers in tourney area would make for a neat touch...

I gotta admit, and many people here can aswell, that many people enjoy the ganking aspect of this pvp but on a 1vs1 level, there should be tweaks to accomidate that.

Like I said, i've played all sorts of shards, all sorts of pvps, i'm a pvper. Like it was mentioned before, good pvpers can pvp all sorts of pvps so im up for a change...

whats the worst that can happen? we change it back?

I think scrolls are overused if anything. But that's my only point, I'm not against trying new stuff in general.

Carding/Garrik/Whatever

Silverwolf. Wrote:I do agree that having something in the arena to block LOS would be a good change, and give both sides a chance to save themselves rather than just running in a circle and getting fsed in the arena.

I gotta say I do agree with this... I mean I've played tons of shards in the past, and played all sorts of pvp styles as well... I've seen the videos you guys posted and I've played on those shards aswell. I do think that we should try implementing some fizzle spells, maybe just 1 or 2 at first, and just aim at making our own custom PVP with scrolls and fizzle combined (scrolls not being able to be fizzled) that with LOS blockers in tourney area would make for a neat touch...

I gotta admit, and many people here can aswell, that many people enjoy the ganking aspect of this pvp but on a 1vs1 level, there should be tweaks to accomidate that.

Like I said, i've played all sorts of shards, all sorts of pvps, i'm a pvper. Like it was mentioned before, good pvpers can pvp all sorts of pvps so im up for a change...

whats the worst that can happen? we change it back?

Or instead of typical fizzle spells, you could make only lightning and FS fizzle. That would make it so there would be no fizzle spamming, but you can still stop an FS with your FS or lightning.

i wouldnt mind seeing weapons fizzle spells...

i think weapons should fizzle spells. Not every time but on occasion.

But i don't think magic arrow/harm etc should fizzle spells. Thats how it is on "fizzle shards" where even the weakest spell fizzles another spell every time. That kind of PvP is really lame sauce.

Who sais it's just ganking? I think the 1vs1(with some of balance tweaks, minor ones tho, nothing like any of u mentioned) is where this PvP really shines at. Get your skills done, and lets go make few supplied duels. You will realize pretty quick that this pvp does indeed take skill. Just god damn try it out... I played the fizzling pvp, few styles as well.
I didn't like AoS cos of alot of "new" and "cool" things like insurance, but I played the fizzle PvP. I liked it from some aspect, It was fun to counter the spells make block los also count timer before poison ticks +fizzling, then eventually when someoen runs outta mana you'd finish his mana with mana drain+crosswall+ff+chain light.

This pvp on other hand is about math + calculating + reaction. You cannot just make stupid dump of FS light fs fs fsfsfsfs, as you will die as you'll waste mana. This pvp as well takes alot time to adapt. I myself more into 1vs1 (always was, yes, at these boxes) and it's pretty fun. But your group just came here, found out the pvp was the one you never tried to play at and you immediately decide it's takes no skill whatsoever and it has to be changed. Yet noone brought up a valid argument. If anyone of you will try it out, make somewhat "decent" pvper out of himself, and will bring out the real flaws of THIS pvp (remember this is a bit different playstyle, not everyone likes when it's down to running) then his opinion could be considered by others, until then it just seems like you crying over not having somethign you got used to, and blaming(!) the people that got here to play this good old 0.51a in being stubborn. If anyone is stubborn it is you. I mean I already said that once but I will repeat. I myself never was making a forum topics on that 0.55a server about the PvP that I didn't like, because they did like it.
What I did was finding as top PvPer as possible first, then ask him about the dynamics, tactics... But when your group joined this server you guys try to change it on something you used to instead immediately. Either refusing or simply failing to see it isn't the way to go. That guy even mentions he was going to donate the shard, lol! Care to share, how much you'd "pay" ? Just curious.
You say theres just 20 people that like no-fizzle-pvp? I can bet you anything , more than 100 players like that are online actually. Thats like most of spaniards that play here nowdays. They do not speak english, so they don't even bother to come and read english boards. Would be amazing for them to realize that 10 people that joined server few weeks ago managed to completely switch the playstyle.
As like I said, I've yet to see a valid point. All that "who first starts wins" stuff is laughable. Seriously, it is.

All those "fizzling" on occasion won't solve the gank issue. It would just add more random to pvp as the bandages + hits already random, I don't think we need another random generator.

No need to fix something that ain't broken...

Mael Wrote:wow what you just said is exactly what you can already do....timing is everything...just cause you cant fizzle doesnt mean all the crap you guys are talking about isnt possible...

and sorry i consider fizzle with magic arrow to be button mashing...and you dodge spells with magic reflect...its just frustrating people that supposedly dont know how to pvp here are saying to change it...why dont you play for a while and learn OUR pvp..which defiantly takes more skill than magic arrow...have you even trying a tourney yet?
Funny cause I found this post of yours from another thread.

Mael Wrote:I know no one likes the idea of not moving with casting...but that's how I remeber playing...if you had fs scroll you could move...but that was also when blank scrolls were much harder to get.....that is a reason why I don't pvp at all atm cause its just case and fs and hope the other persons healing macro fails
So 3 days ago you openly admit that you don't pvp right now, and seem to disagree with the current pvp system. But yet in this thread you say OUR pvp system like you run that shit? Probably shouldn't contradict yourself like that and you obviously just have a personal beef with fizzle magery, one might wonder if you've ever even tried it? I mean if you did come from a non-moving while casting shard then you have no right to call any other style of pvp "button mashing" because that, in my opinion, is the worst.

Gang Wrote:Who sais it's just ganking? I think the 1vs1(with some of balance tweaks, minor ones tho, nothing like any of u mentioned) is where this PvP really shines at. Get your skills done, and lets go make few supplied duels. You will realize pretty quick that this pvp does indeed take skill. Just god damn try it out... I played the fizzling pvp, few styles as well.
I didn't like AoS cos of alot of "new" and "cool" things like insurance, but I played the fizzle PvP. I liked it from some aspect, It was fun to counter the spells make block los also count timer before poison ticks +fizzling, then eventually when someoen runs outta mana you'd finish his mana with mana drain+crosswall+ff+chain light.

This pvp on other hand is about math + calculating + reaction. You cannot just make stupid dump of FS light fs fs fsfsfsfs, as you will die as you'll waste mana. This pvp as well takes alot time to adapt. I myself more into 1vs1 (always was, yes, at these boxes) and it's pretty fun. But your group just came here, found out the pvp was the one you never tried to play at and you immediately decide it's takes no skill whatsoever and it has to be changed. Yet noone brought up a valid argument. If anyone of you will try it out, make somewhat "decent" pvper out of himself, and will bring out the real flaws of THIS pvp (remember this is a bit different playstyle, not everyone likes when it's down to running) then his opinion could be considered by others, until then it just seems like you crying over not having somethign you got used to, and blaming(!) the people that got here to play this good old 0.51a in being stubborn. If anyone is stubborn it is you. I mean I already said that once but I will repeat. I myself never was making a forum topics on that 0.55a server about the PvP that I didn't like, because they did like it.
What I did was finding as top PvPer as possible first, then ask him about the dynamics, tactics... But when your group joined this server you guys try to change it on something you used to instead immediately. Either refusing or simply failing to see it isn't the way to go. That guy even mentions he was going to donate the shard, lol! Care to share, how much you'd "pay" ? Just curious.
You say theres just 20 people that like no-fizzle-pvp? I can bet you anything , more than 100 players like that are online actually. Thats like most of spaniards that play here nowdays. They do not speak english, so they don't even bother to come and read english boards. Would be amazing for them to realize that 10 people that joined server few weeks ago managed to completely switch the playstyle.
As like I said, I've yet to see a valid point. All that "who first starts wins" stuff is laughable. Seriously, it is.

All those "fizzling" on occasion won't solve the gank issue. It would just add more random to pvp as the bandages + hits already random, I don't think we need another random generator.

No need to fix something that ain't broken...

Couldn't have said it better my self Smile