Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Was gonna play.

@RedOrb: That sounds ingenious! I think I'll get started on that tomorrow, actually. I'll make an announcement about it, then make an area where you enter with just a robe and everyone gets one of each skill's tool:

Mortar/Pestle
Hatchet
Mining Pick
Hammer
Tinker Tools
Fletching Tools
Scissors
Tailoring Kit
Dagger

I'll need to find a wooded area with multiple caves for mining and lumberjacking. Then I can add spawners for all the different types of reagents in different areas. Like, Sulfurous ash in a lava area, plant-based stuff in the woods, spiders' silk in the caves...

Then, I can spawn various animals like Deer, Sheep, Chickens, maybe even a couple of harpy nests. That would cover leather, feathers, and wool. I can add a few cotton plants in the woods as well.

Each base would have a Spinning Wheel, Loom, Forge & anvil.

Purpose of the event is to defend the commander that is in the base and you win by killing the other team's commander who does not leave the base.

I'm excited. Tongue This will have to be a weekend thing or something once I have some free time since it could take hours to complete.

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Would definitely make use of less combat oriented players who want to contribute in an event more. Right now every event I try to join is instant death.

The PvP here isn't perfect but it is a work in progress, from what I saw in other threads there isn't much support for fizzle PvP, so contrary to what you say I suspect more players would be lost by enabling it.

Don't get me wrong, as a fan of AoS (minus insurance and the other care bear stuff which sadly all AoS servers have) I prefer fizzle, poison blocking heal and so on. But the PvP here is still enjoyable, Taran is always monitoring it and considering changes to make it better, and if you give it a try you can have a lot of fun even if it isn't your perfect most favourite style. If there truly are problems with ganks, or 1 v 1 being impossible I know it will be fixed in time. Also I'm pretty sure staff are willing to run a tournament with some LoS blocking stuff in the arena if you'd like that.

Carding/Garrik/Whatever

Eru Wrote:I'll need to find a wooded area with multiple caves for mining and lumberjacking. Then I can add spawners for all the different types of reagents in different areas. Like, Sulfurous ash in a lava area, plant-based stuff in the woods, spiders' silk in the caves...

Would it be better to create an area from blank space? Do we have green acres, like we used to have in the old days? I ask only cos it'd be easier to balance if you were in complete control of the zone, rather than being limited to the best area you can find on the map. I get it means more time effort is needed (possibly an unfeasible amount?) , but something like that would be sick and surely worth all the effort!

Scare crow Wrote:Anyways, I'm done talking.

Have you played any shards that had fizzle spells? It makes the PvP so much better. It's not just spamming magic arrow to fizzle, how are you going to kill anyone that way? It's about using line of sight and timings. the person casting the FS has to try to stay out of your line of sight

The current PvP is basically spam FS and lightning at someone that is spamming heal. Takes no skill whatsoever.

I know people fear change but if you gave it a try for a week or so you would like it. It lets the PvPers that are actually good at timing and line of sight really shine. There are tons of videos of this type of PvP on YouTube. Watch them and pay attention to the mechanics.

Not telling anyone what to do with their shard I know IN is unique, but a little tweaking to PvP wouldn't hurt.

Carding Wrote:Also I'm pretty sure staff are willing to run a tournament with some LoS blocking stuff in the arena if you'd like that.

I can't believe you guys don't have some boxes or a wall for LOS in the arenas. Don't you like being able to dodge spells or you like just standing there button mashing?

Lags Wrote:Have you played any shards that had fizzle spells? It makes the PvP so much better. It's not just spamming magic arrow to fizzle, how are you going to kill anyone that way? It's about using line of sight and timings. the person casting the FS has to try to stay out of your line of sight

The current PvP is basically spam FS and lightning at someone that is spamming heal. Takes no skill whatsoever.

I know people fear change but if you gave it a try for a week or so you would like it. It lets the PvPers that are actually good at timing and line of sight really shine. There are tons of videos of this type of PvP on YouTube. Watch them and pay attention to the mechanics.

Not telling anyone what to do with their shard I know IN is unique, but a little tweaking to PvP wouldn't hurt.

wow what you just said is exactly what you can already do....timing is everything...just cause you cant fizzle doesnt mean all the crap you guys are talking about isnt possible...

and sorry i consider fizzle with magic arrow to be button mashing...and you dodge spells with magic reflect...its just frustrating people that supposedly dont know how to pvp here are saying to change it...why dont you play for a while and learn OUR pvp..which defiantly takes more skill than magic arrow...have you even trying a tourney yet?

Carding Wrote:The PvP here isn't perfect but it is a work in progress, from what I saw in other threads there isn't much support for fizzle PvP, so contrary to what you say I suspect more players would be lost by enabling it.

Don't get me wrong, as a fan of AoS (minus insurance and the other care bear stuff which sadly all AoS servers have) I prefer fizzle, poison blocking heal and so on. But the PvP here is still enjoyable, Taran is always monitoring it and considering changes to make it better, and if you give it a try you can have a lot of fun even if it isn't your perfect most favourite style. If there truly are problems with ganks, or 1 v 1 being impossible I know it will be fixed in time. Also I'm pretty sure staff are willing to run a tournament with some LoS blocking stuff in the arena if you'd like that.

Carding, Cool your seeing both sides of the spectrum here, But I also wanted to point out that there are many people who support the fizzle system. Just only 5 of em or so are speaking out. Look at the poll I made it was 23-15 favored No.. 10 or so come from one guild. and the rest are its allies. Like I said, I suveyed some players and not one of em said they would leave due to a change in pvp. And alot of them said a fizzle system would be better in their opinion, Some of These people dont even have accounts on the forums. If anyone would leave itd be scarecrow and his guild.. And You know what would be funny about that, is that they are saying I should adjust.. and they'd be the first ones to leave and not adjust. But Like I said.. Youd lose 10-20 players.. But theres a whole shard of pvpers that went down a little back and that are homeless on UO just itching to find a shard like this one but with the pvp.

It's disappointing to miss some of the old school guys like lags playing, my friends from various dead sphere shards won't bother without fizzle either. Personally I think it offers up a much better pvp dynamic and I'd love it to be implemented but I can see there is a fair bit of opposition which is understandable. Another frustrating thing about the PvP here is the expense, you seem to need a lot of scrolls to keep the mana usage down so you munch through some cash.

Seem to be doing a good job in general though, great client count!

I dont mind the expense part of it. Id love it if they implemented a fizzle system but not to the full extreme.. maybe put their own twist on it. Make it so scrolls are needed. Theres lots of things they can do to come in the middle and make both sides happy

Maximus Wrote:I dont mind the expense part of it. Id love it if they implemented a fizzle system but not to the full extreme.. maybe put their own twist on it. Make it so scrolls are needed. Theres lots of things they can do to come in the middle and make both sides happy

That is an interesting concept, make it to where scrolls aren't fizzable but if you cast it normally you could be interrupted by a harmful spell. Could be interesting... Think about it, the person trying to make you fizzle would have no idea whether it was a scroll or not.

i dunno all the videos ive seen when this system gets put in all ANYone ever does is use spells...how is that better? i really dont get it...sure lets make all the weapons here obsolete just so we can have fizzle system..thats just dumb in my mind...i mean hell weapons are almost useless as it is...