Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mining Qusetion

Mining increase smelting the ores?

Thank's

No, only digging Smile

You get gains from smelting ores. Don't know if it was changed but two weeks ago I gained from smelting. 100% sure.

I believe you gain from smelting if you are below 40.0%... I could be wrong.

Some people insist that it does, but I can't replicate it.

I was able to do it up until around 40.0%, maybe I am a l337 haXXor and didn't know it? Big Grin

Aah, that may be why I was never able to replicate it. Since you can just train mining up to 40 from a vendor for 400g, I guess that's why I never got skillups on my mortal that way. I tested it out with mining=0 on my staff toon and never got any skillups, but that may be a bug with staff skillgain.

I gained it at 55 or so. I will get a TONS loads of ores and divide them by 10 and ill let you know anything but I am sure I had the gain.

Hiroshima Wrote:I gained it at 55 or so. I will get a TONS loads of ores and divide them by 10 and ill let you know anything but I am sure I had the gain.

Even if you gain, separating them on 10 by 10, then smelting doesnt seem to be worth the effort!
Anyway if you plan on gming bs or tinkering you will gm mining and still be far from gming those two...

Also for those who keep asking, theres the info in the website on the skill>mining saying its not possible to gain mining that way...
People need to learn how to search before making a thread that's been created before =x

That information is not accurate, I am telling you you can gain from smelting but not 1 by 1. We aint talking if its worth it or not, its not worth it but its possible.

Hiroshima Wrote:That information is not accurate, I am telling you you can gain from smelting but not 1 by 1. We aint talking if its worth it or not, its not worth it but its possible.
I never said you said it was worth it... i just mentioned it wasn't by what i read.
I quoted to get your information which i think is correct since you are not the first who says that you can gain the skill that way ;D

I gained by smelting a long time ago but I can guarantee it happened.