Poll: Would you like to see spells get fizzled/interupted? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.24%
48.24%
No
51.76%
51.76%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sorry for interrupting your extremely interesting discussion, however, Gang is completely correct. It is not that hard to target a person when you are prepared for his invis+recall but when it comes to a real fight you will hardly have the time to do so. In addition to having lightning reflexes in order to cast FF on the invised dude you must not be casting anything during this time (and your opponent can easily inv+recall while you cast FS), there must not be any obstacle which can brake LOS or make it harder to target the tile where the dude is (think of chasing a guy into a forest). Moreover, this should be a 1v1 fight because in gangVgang scenario it is even more difficult when you need to play defensively.

Gang is magic arrow scroll faster than spell like lighting and FS?

i don't think theres spell faster than 1 sec to be honest...

First circle are all faster than 1s.

Well, it's definitely possible, I have tested it... Firefields scrolls are noticeably faster than recall scroll. Test it for yourself Tongue It might be difficult to do it in real combat, but it is still possible. It's really not that hard... How much different is it than targetting someone in the heat of battle? You press one key and click a tile. The explosion thing is a much better way to do it though, it you aren't worried about taking damage from it.
I'm not sure if you guys realize how fast firefield scrolls are Tongue

Habibi Jones Wrote:Well, it's definitely possible, I have tested it... Firefields scrolls are noticeably faster than recall scroll. Test it for yourself Tongue It might be difficult to do it in real combat, but it is still possible. It's really not that hard... How much different is it than targetting someone in the heat of battle? You press one key and click a tile. The explosion thing is a much better way to do it though, it you aren't worried about taking damage from it.
I'm not sure if you guys realize how fast firefield scrolls are Tongue

your not realizing how hard it is, your pretty much guessing where the person is going to be that's why it's not a good fix. Like gang said try doing it in combat and not having the persons target or knowing when hes going to use invis pots

sm0ke Wrote:your not realizing how hard it is, your pretty much guessing where the person is going to be that's why it's not a good fix. Like gang said try doing it in combat and not having the persons target or knowing when hes going to use invis pots

I don't think you understand the process... You don't need somebody's target man. I do realize how "hard" this is because I've tested it and I'm actually used to the concept of walls/fields fizzling people through recall so that helps me to know that it is quite possible. I can see that you've never seen this mechanism before, but if you target someones tile with a firefield scroll/wall scroll when you see them invis, it will always hit them before they recall. Problem is that now it doesn't fizzle them, so there is no point to do it. I promise you that if you were to try this, or practice it, you would see that it isn't really as hard as you think. It's not a guaranteed way to fizzle their recall, because it takes a bit of skill, but with practice I don't think you would find it so mind boggling.
All you have to do:
When you see the guy go invis, press your macro and click his tile or a tile next to him. It's very easy. With practice you will land them before he finishes recall 50% or more of the time.

Habibi Jones Wrote:I don't think you understand the process... You don't need somebody's target man. I do realize how "hard" this is because I've tested it and I'm actually used to the concept of walls/fields fizzling people through recall so that helps me to know that it is quite possible. I can see that you've never seen this mechanism before, but if you target someones tile with a firefield scroll/wall scroll when you see them invis, it will always hit them before they recall. Problem is that now it doesn't fizzle them, so there is no point to do it. I promise you that if you were to try this, or practice it, you would see that it isn't really as hard as you think. It's not a guaranteed way to fizzle their recall, because it takes a bit of skill, but with practice I don't think you would find it so mind boggling.
All you have to do:
When you see the guy go invis, press your macro and click his tile or a tile next to him. It's very easy. With practice you will land them before he finishes recall 50% or more of the time.

I know that it may help but why go through all the trouble to have a rare chance to fizzle or stop invis pots, when we could either create another solution new potions or add a penalty to using invis pots or remove them all together and lower invis scroll timers idk, seems like something easier can be fixed rather than get a 50% chance to interrupt them with a firefield in certain locations while invised imo.

sm0ke Wrote:I know that it may help but why go through all the trouble to have a rare chance to fizzle or stop invis pots, when we could either create another solution new potions or add a penalty to using invis pots or remove them all together and lower invis scroll timers idk, seems like something easier can be fixed rather than get a 50% chance to interrupt them with a firefield in certain locations while invised imo.

Well, the thing is that it's a SKILL based counter to invis potions, which to me, is a lot better than just adding a detect potion or taking out invis pots, things like that.
It isn't a random percentage, it's a percentage based on your skill at doing it. In theory you could land it on them 100% of the time.

Habibi Jones Wrote:Well, the thing is that it's a SKILL based counter to invis potions, which to me, is a lot better than just adding a detect potion or taking out invis pots, things like that.
It isn't a random percentage, it's a percentage based on your skill at doing it. In theory you could land it on them 100% of the time.

Yeah like gang said tho it's a 50% chance that you'll land it if that it's not really skill as it is luck. Did you guys test it out yet?

sm0ke Wrote:Yeah like gang said tho it's a 50% chance that you'll land it if that it's not really skill as it is luck. Did you guys test it out yet?

I've tested it before myself pretty extensively. It's not "easy" to do it in the heat of battle but it is definitely possible man, you should give it a try. All it really requires you do to is be able to click the tile they are standing on. There really is no chance to it beside the fact that it's pretty hard to cast it in time 100% of the times that someone uses an invis pot. If you got good at it though, which I'm sure you would if it was added, you'd probably love it. All it takes is memory of where they drank the pot and casting within a certain time frame. The time frame is short, but it's definitely possible especially with practice.