Poll: Would you like to see spells get fizzled/interupted? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.24%
48.24%
No
51.76%
51.76%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This is a old school server! With oldschool brings back alot of talent and skill! I would loveeeee.. I mean this would be my absolute all time favorite server if a fizzle/interuptions in spells were added! PvP becomes soooooo addicting when this system is in, And its exciting to watch! Adds fear to players! Implements Respect! TRUE TALENT!. I know of 15-30 more players that wanna come here, but the style of pvp is holding them off.. Some of these players are Legends in the world of Ultima! Heard thruout all the servers! This would also add more 1v1 respected duels... Boy do I miss that style of pvp! Put your own twist on it! But I just wish interuptions were implemented! What do you think?

Here is a video of me pvping and I end up getting ganked, But this is the style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uevYV90KX...KInnWJGI95

i found myself joining fizzle shards.. and leaving fizzle shards looking for this pvp again. and now that ive got it back you want to change it? preposterous.

Hey we all have preferences.. Not saying this style is bad or anything.. Just wanna see what people think.. obviously if the majority says No.. than of course your not gonna wanna change it. I have yet to still work with this style of pvp.. Not hating on it or anything.. But I know what I like so I made a post. Correct me if im wrong, But that style in that video I posted.. to me, that style requires true skill. Not only do you have to be fast on the keyboard, but you have to be able to predict your opponents next move. But like I said.. Im not trying to come into this server and say CHANGE THIS!.. nah.. Im fine with how it is.. Im a excellent pvper.. Ill adapt. I already have a major gameplan going on in my head right now.

This:

Quote:i found myself joining fizzle shards.. and leaving fizzle shards looking for this pvp again. and now that ive got it back you want to change it? preposterous.

Yeah, similiar pvp to this one had the predict thingy as well, it was called spam ^^ Good one tho, no program would see through it. Anyways, removing power words is a always an option... just saying Tongue

spam was awesome, makes duels totally unpredictable.

[COLOR="white"]I was sort of thinking perhaps if weapons had a chance to interrupt spellcasting. I don't know a hell of alot about pvp. On IN1 I pvped on occasion, but I think if weapons had a chance to interrupt, it might spice things up a little bit, and keep mages attempting to cast while an enemy on a horse is swinging a halberd at them, on their toes, so to speak. I don't mean a HUGE chance to interrupt, perhaps a 25% chance for a weapon to interrupt a spell. So that if the enemy fizzles that flamestrike, you might count your lucky stars that the flamestrike was interrupted.

It would also make bows a bit more fearsome, and may require a mage to change tactics accordingly. For example, switch to that Halberd of Vanq, and close on the archer, using bandages to heal. As it currently stands, you can simply "In Vas Mani" through weapon and bow damage.

Just a few thoughts on the subject. Opinions are divided, obviously.
[/COLOR] :confused:

So IN1 was like OSI? The classes? Mages, warriors, 700 skill cap?

No, not at all. Not sure what you're trying to get at. I don't believe I implied that in any way. I simply said that I pvped on occasion on IN1. The whole spell fizzling thing wasn't present on IN1. And I thought the ideas I explained in my post would spice up combat on this server. I wasn't making parallels between this server and IN1 at all.

http://www.doggy-fizzle.com/

Well, people usually want the server to be like the one they already played at. Although thats just generalization. But the way you explained, aka :
Quote: "It would also make bows a bit more fearsome, and may require a mage to change tactics accordingly. For example, switch to that Halberd of Vanq, and close on the archer, using bandages to heal. As it currently stands, you can simply "In Vas Mani" through weapon and bow damage."

The way you described it kinda reminded me of OSI, sorry that I compared it with IN or anything, I didn't mean to offend anyone. But anyways here ofcourse PvP was balanced in order to be both warrior AND mage, so , IMHO(!) it's a good thing that theres no bow that would kill a guy with mana and GH scrolls+Regs. Because as soon as he runs out of mana, he either will be dead from the bow you mentioned, or from your dump...

Edit : And regarding the fizzle %. I don't know, if they most of players want it - alright. But I always thought that the less random generator gets used - the better. Thats just imho though

You may not have noticed that I said expressly, when I typed that scenario, that the mage character could switch to the Hally of Vanq, and change his tactics. Rather than continue to cast, when an archer is firing at you, you could melee the archer. So yes, I'm very well aware, and made provisions for the fact that a mage can indeed switch to a halberd, and take on the role of warrior also. Thank you. Big Grin

Magic = certain damage. Weapons = random + miss percentage. Yeah, i'd go with the option 1 to finish someone off ;P And I'm not sure for how long you can stay and in vas mani from the weapon damage too...