Poll: Would you like to see spells get fizzled/interupted? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.24%
48.24%
No
51.76%
51.76%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

por corp wis Wrote:that's your argument? On fizzle servers Magic Arrow is 5x more than ALL casts in the aggregate.

So much whining from low noobs lately on forum. If you can't kill a person who is constantly spamming "In Vas Mani" doesn't mean that this type of pvp sucks it only means that you suck.

In a duel I cast 1, maybe 2 magic arrows the entire time. Same with anyone else who knows what they are doing. Not sure why everyone thinks that this PvP is just a spam fest of magic arrows hehe.. You will die quickly.

I think the IN PvP is fun in duel arenas. The problems with the mechanics show when you are in open world. It is basically impossible for me to head out alone and expect to be able to kill anyone.

Loki- I understand you getting frustrated with PvP being argued about so much, but that's just a part of UO. Threads like this aren't really directed at staff saying CHANGE THIS NOW. It's good to have discussions like this though. Let the players argue as long as we don't start getting too out of control Smile

Lags Wrote:In a duel I cast 1, maybe 2 magic arrows the entire time. Same with anyone else who knows what they are doing. Not sure why everyone thinks that this PvP is just a spam fest of magic arrows hehe.. You will die quickly.

well, obviously on arena with LoS there is no point to spam MA. MA is godlike mode when you are trying to escape in the wild.

Sure is funny how ppl complain about MA MA MA in fizzle but in the pvp we have now you see Hally hit FS FS FS FS FS FS Lightning. Just saying.

Kander Wrote:Sure is funny how ppl complain about MA MA MA in fizzle but in the pvp we have now you see Hally hit FS FS FS FS FS FS Lightning. Just saying.

If you'd like we can do some tests where I just sit there and heal, and you can try any combo of hits and FS light and you will see you'll never kill me.

I don't even use a shield Wink

I would say it would be alot harder if using magery scrolls didnt take up less mana. I find it really odd that FS being one of the strongest spells in the game for doing damage, you are able to cast it 6 times maybe even more in a row. *BRING BACK EBOLTS AND EXPLOS!*

Kander Wrote:I would say it would be alot harder if using magery scrolls didnt take up less mana. I find it really odd that FS being one of the strongest spells in the game for doing damage, you are able to cast it 6 times maybe even more in a row. *BRING BACK EBOLTS AND EXPLOS!*

How do you purpose people to die then? like i've said if you wish to do some testing let me know but everyone who keeps ranting random things just doesn't know much about this PvP and aren't really willing to learn. The only people i've really seen who i've seen willing to learn and actually do stuff to this day are genocide/lags/por corp wisp and pippian in dms and tours ganking etc

Ebolt and explosion are implanted in this shard, if you tried it you would know man.

I use them every time im out. I just find it kinda fake that you can cast that many FS in a row while the other player is casting GH like a mad man. Just doesnt seem like alot of thought going into 80 hp hally hit then spam fs a few times then finish off with a lighting. You win by hoping the person you kill ****s up on timing their GHs or run out of mana pots and bandage times.

por corp wis Wrote:well, obviously on arena with LoS there is no point to spam MA. MA is godlike mode when you are trying to escape in the wild.

Like I said, magic arrow is only useful if you are in a completely open area like in a field or something (which never should happen), or if you are fighting someone that doesn't know his a$$hole from his elbow.

I love how all the kids that die all the time cry about changing it to Fizzle.
Hypocrites.
Learn the PVP and stop crying. Just like we told Maximus . . This shards main PVP is NOT fizzle PVP. This is not ABC shard.

Thank you.

Whenever an advanced civilization come in contact with a less advanced civilization, conflict is going to happen. Look how that turned out for the Native Americans. Don't be a Native American. Hah, I kid.

Honestly my only problem with this PvP is that it is not doable in the open world unless A) someone agrees to fight you or B) you have 3 people with you to help. It seems to be 100% tailored for small obstacle free arena fights.

Also people always want melee balanced with magery, but why? Why have luck play such a huge role in your fight? If you were GM swords/tactics and you hit every time that would be different, but the hit/miss 10 or 50 damage thing kinda ruins it because it's just a matter of chance. Magery on the other hand you have way more control over.

Lags Wrote:Whenever an advanced civilization come in contact with a less advanced civilization, conflict is going to happen. Look how that turned out for the Native Americans. Don't be a Native American. Hah, I kid.

Honestly my only problem with this PvP is that it is not doable in the open world unless A) someone agrees to fight you or B) you have 3 people with you to help. It seems to be 100% tailored for small obstacle free arena fights.

Also people always want melee balanced with magery, but why? Why have luck play such a huge role in your fight? If you were GM swords/tactics and you hit every time that would be different, but the hit/miss 10 or 50 damage thing kinda ruins it because it's just a matter of chance. Magery on the other hand you have way more control over.

If hits get fixed then the duels won't be based on luck anymore. Spells are very important in this "Type" of PVP. I know this because I've been playing Xuo style PVP for ages. Hits need to be fixed.

Also, you can easily engage on a 1 on 1 combat anywhere... you don't need 3 v 1.. I have dueled 1v1 here and on other similar PVP style shard several times. The hits here are just insanity and need to be fixed to make the PVP more skill based.

I get your point and I can appreciate the fact that you like your Fizzle PVP but I like this style of PVP and it is the main reason that my friends and I are here to play. I see what needs to be fixed and there are quite a few things and I know that GM Overdose knows EXACTLY what needs to be fixed as he understands this "style" of pvp as I do. Trust me when I say there is A LOT of skill required to play this "type" of PVP... it just has not yet been balanced on THIS shard. Once we get there.. you will see how incredibly fast-paced and crazy it is.

I don't know what you mean by "the hits are just insanity". Melee is luck even if every time the weapon hit it did the same damage because you still have hit/miss. The only way to make melee not luck is to make it so gm sword/tactics never misses and does pretty much the same damage every hit.

Yes you can duel anywhere in the world, good luck killing anyone that doesn't agree to stand still and fight you.