Poll: Would you like to see spells get fizzled/interupted? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.24%
48.24%
No
51.76%
51.76%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Casting magic arrow does work if it is on the ground I know that much, not sure about in pack...

Or are you saying that any kind of damage should reveal a player and currently it doesn't?

Yes magic arrowing a bomb inside your backpack does work and it does fizzle the recall. Me and Vandyke tested it out a few days ago. I just thought it was odd that it does not reveal.

Scare crow Wrote:. . . Doubtful.

I just disagree completely with changing the entire style of PVP to Fizzle. I came here purposly because Fizzle PVP is terrible and requires no skill whatsoever . . running around object fizzling eachothers spells . . Who wants to do that?!

You may hate this type of PVP and that is your opinion as well but I didn't come waltzing into whereever you were playing.. There are currently several open threads all over the Forums that you are posting in about Fizzle PVP and they are all pointless.

Wow man. I hate even responding to you because you obviously don't read my posts. If you do, you must have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old because many times I have said I don't support completely changing PvP to fizzle, and I DO like IN's PvP. We can talk about PvP style as much as we like. That's what the forums are for. In fact, the more active the forums are the better for the shard it is. If it annoys you so much, don't come in the thread.

Take Depth for example. He hated the idea of fizzle PvP and thought it took no skill and would be a pointless fizzle fest. He came and gave it an actual try at the fizzle arenas and enjoyed it. He was actually pretty good considering his ping is like mine and just learning it for the first time. You are so afraid of your PvP changing that you think every thread talking about the differences between the PvP is me suggesting replacing IN's PvP with the style I like and I'm not. I did the second or third day here but after a while I have grown fond of your strange PvP

The fizzle arenas are great Taran is awesome for adding them. I'll say it one more time I do not want IN's PvP to completely convert to fizzle PvP. IN's PvP is unique and belongs on IN. I would like to see in the near future some fizzle events and expansion of the arenas. No, not replace IN's current tournys with fizzle like you are going to say I suggested. Just sometimes host one for fun.

You keep saying that fizzle sucks and takes no skill, but the truth is you suck and you have no skill Smile I'm pretty sure I could kill you without you landing a single spell on me in under 1 minute. Don't say "ya because I'm not used to the PvP of course" Vandyke, Depth, and Habibi weren't used to it and they put up a decent fight. I just think your UO skills are not broad enough to adapt to, so you just hate on it.

Echo Wrote:I think he is saying that anytime a hidden player takes damage he should be revealed, and one way to make him take damage would be with an explosion potion. And to blow it up without delay would be with magic arrow, and casting magic arrow on it doesn't work. Does casting magic arrow work if it is outside of your backpack? Or does casting magic arrow not blow it up at all?

Lags Wrote:Wow man. I hate even responding to you because you obviously don't read my posts. If you do, you must have the reading comprehension of a 4 year old because many times I have said I don't support completely changing PvP to fizzle, and I DO like IN's PvP. We can talk about PvP style as much as we like. That's what the forums are for. In fact, the more active the forums are the better for the shard it is. If it annoys you so much, don't come in the thread.

Take Depth for example. He hated the idea of fizzle PvP and thought it took no skill and would be a pointless fizzle fest. He came and gave it an actual try at the fizzle arenas and enjoyed it. He was actually pretty good considering his ping is like mine and just learning it for the first time. You are so afraid of your PvP changing that you think every thread talking about the differences between the PvP is me suggesting replacing IN's PvP with the style I like and I'm not. I did the second or third day here but after a while I have grown fond of your strange PvP

The fizzle arenas are great Taran is awesome for adding them. I'll say it one more time I do not want IN's PvP to completely convert to fizzle PvP. IN's PvP is unique and belongs on IN. I would like to see in the near future some fizzle events and expansion of the arenas. No, not replace IN's current tournys with fizzle like you are going to say I suggested. Just sometimes host one for fun.

You keep saying that fizzle sucks and takes no skill, but the truth is you suck and you have no skill Smile I'm pretty sure I could kill you without you landing a single spell on me in under 1 minute. Don't say "ya because I'm not used to the PvP of course" Vandyke, Depth, and Habibi weren't used to it and they put up a decent fight. I just think your UO skills are not broad enough to adapt to, so you just hate on it.

Well judging on your response, it seems you also do not read my posts. Let's leave it as it is and we will see each other in-game. Useless argument that won't get either of us anywhere.

I'd support splash damage like explosion pots, firefields, CL, meteor strike etc. revealing hidden or invis players, I actually thought it was already this way although I had never checked or been in a situation to see. I'm not sure how the rest of the staff and Taran feel about it though.

all i hear is .e cry

I also support taking damage being a revealing action and am kind of surprised that things didn't already work this way.

Echo Wrote:I also support taking damage being a revealing action and am kind of surprised that things didn't already work this way.

I'm not sure this is necessary, not saying it's a bad thing or that it shouldn't be changed to work like this.
All that needs to be done, in my opinion, is make walls fire fields and para fields fizzle someones recall if you land it on someone while they are invis. It would be nice if it revealed them too, but honestly I think that is a bit too much. If you can fizzle their recall indefinitely with fire field scrolls, they'd better move because you cast about 6 firefields on their tile they are going to start taking pretty good damage.

Habibi Jones Wrote:I'm not sure this is necessary, not saying it's a bad thing or that it shouldn't be changed to work like this.
All that needs to be done, in my opinion, is make walls fire fields and para fields fizzle someones recall if you land it on someone while they are invis. It would be nice if it revealed them too, but honestly I think that is a bit too much. If you can fizzle their recall indefinitely with fire field scrolls, they'd better move because you cast about 6 firefields on their tile they are going to start taking pretty good damage.

those aren't needed to fizzle recall, the only thing needed is paralyze spell and scroll, anything else is too fast of a cast and takes no mana. stone scrolls/parafields and fire fields would keep fizzling over and over and it work quite nice in your favor since you have macros to wall of stone on my guild doors and can set them on anyone's doors. All implanting this would do is favor you and your guild :p where as paralyze it self can be used by anyone.

Stonewall and firefield both take longer to cast than magic arrow. Why wouldn't you just run up and magic arrow a bomb? I'm not suggesting bombs should fizzle recall, it's already like that. I just think it should also reveal.

sm0ke Wrote:those aren't needed to fizzle recall, the only thing needed is paralyze spell and scroll, anything else is too fast of a cast and takes no mana. stone scrolls/parafields and fire fields would keep fizzling over and over and it work quite nice in your favor since you have macros to wall of stone on my guild doors and can set them on anyone's doors. All implanting this would do is favor you and your guild :p where as paralyze it self can be used by anyone.

Whoa whoa.... What? You think anyone has macros dedicated to walling your doors? LOL! It's pretty easy to click a tile, no?
How can firefield scrolls and wall scrolls not be used by everyone? How does this favor my guild?
Dude you complained about people getting away with invis pots. Guess what this would do? This would make it so that you could fizzle people through invisibility...
You're too funny, try your bullshit with someone else because I'm not an idiot, sorry...

edit:

Lags Wrote:Stonewall and firefield both take longer to cast than magic arrow. Why wouldn't you just run up and magic arrow a bomb? I'm not suggesting bombs should fizzle recall, it's already like that.

Wall scrolls and firefield scrolls are much, much faster than recall scrolls. Before you say "but that means you have to carry more shit". Well, invis pots are very expensive. 1 firefield scroll is much cheaper than 1 invis pot...