Poll: Should passive/active mana regen be based off INT? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's a brilliant idea, make it happen!
44.44%
44.44%
Hell nah, this fool is high
40.74%
40.74%
I like waffles
14.81%
14.81%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Passive mana regen based off int

I saw the post about nerfing mana regen rate/med. Wanted to toss this idea out there as well.

get passive mana regen bonuses at 110 and 120 int respectively.

I feel that active med should definitely receive a boost, perhaps more for these higher int levels.
Also, I think this would even out with my other poll: Bandage healing based on dex....so check it out.

just trying to level the field a bit..................

Please feel free to discuss what the regen rates ought to be Smile

Problem is having high int is already pretty useful since you get mana. Having it increase mana regen will make it even more useful. Right now dex is the least useful skill, especially if you gank. So I'd rather make dex more useful first and then go from there.

These are basically AoS ideas and I generally like AoS so I am in favour in principle. But in practice I think what Taran said is true, it would just pigeon hole all players into 120 int, also better mana regen would require a nerf of mana pots or people would never have cause to use a weapon again. Perhaps as part of a group of changes to what the other stats affect/other things it would work...

Carding/Garrik/Whatever

I like waffles

every stat should do special what u choose.
Some like mana some like dex and some prefer str
those 3 should be good on something special.

BenSa Wrote:every stat should do special what u choose.
Some like mana some like dex and some prefer str
those 3 should be good on something special.

Well, Having more stats into mana gives your more mana, having more stats into dex allows you to hit more with weapons, having more stats into strength allows you to hit harder and have more life. I think they all do something special :p

Yar, not like it would break the game like some seem to think. :/

Well if you think about it -
Int - More mana
Str - More health & more dmg
Dex - Hit faster

Some would say that there is an imbalance ? I might be missing what INT and DEX also do so I could be wrong

Does dex affect swing speed by increments of 30 on here (thought it was basic the uo formula)? So 30, 60, 90, 120 are the changing points. so 70 or 80 dex is the same as 60....100 is the same as 90, etc. Was asking in chat the other day, but couldn't really get an answer.

This is a bit off topic, but is there any formulas somewhere to tell how much bonus each stat gives? I am trying to figure out where to put stats, but I am having trouble. Dex seems the least useful since pvp is based a lot on spells. Anyone try a stat rating of 120-120-60? Are you gimping yourself like that?

edit: On topic, I would like to see mages able to actually use their spells only while hunting. As it stands you can chug mana potions, but to actually use spells consistently is impossible. I don't mind EVing through things, but it would be cool to be a pure mage. This would allow it. It would of course have to have a penalty somehow.