Poll: Should silver weapons be wiped and removed for good? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
41.86%
41.86%
No
13.95%
13.95%
I'm fine with either decision
44.19%
44.19%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wipe silver weapons?

As stated in another thread we're planning on making weapons craftable with custom ingots (that can give damage bonuses) and also make you able to enhance weapons with ingots.

We are also planning making bowfletching more useuful by making the different types of logs affect both color and possibly damage/speed/special abilities.

With this I think that silver weapons will become obsolete. Especially since crafted silver weapons will do extra damage to undead. And from what I can see silver weapons aren't used very much as it is right now anyway.

So tell us what you think, should we wipe silver weapons or not?

I voted I'm fine with either won't really change anything.

Yeah, both sound reasonable.

I think wiping things is rarely a good idea. I'd suggest a higher incentive to trash them with silver.

*edit*
silver coins.

Just make them drop no more... time will get rid of them

I'd be happy with just making random silver weapon gems just giving you a random amount of silver, seeing as I normally just trash them anyways for silver :\

Yeah...make the gems instead of giving the weapon, give you silver... i always trash silver weapons.... and as pedrodilara said, time would get rid of them...

Taran Wrote:As stated in another thread we're planning on making weapons craftable with custom ingots (that can give damage bonuses) and also make you able to enhance weapons with ingots.

We are also planning making bowfletching more useuful by making the different types of logs affect both color and possibly damage/speed/special abilities.

With this I think that silver weapons will become obsolete. Especially since crafted silver weapons will do extra damage to undead. And from what I can see silver weapons aren't used very much as it is right now anyway.

So tell us what you think, should we wipe silver weapons or not?

this would be fine.

as a newbie i have relied on silver weapons in fighting undead at graveyards.

by removing them it would open up the market to blacksmiths providing these weapons for new players. This would be a good thing.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a total weapon wipe, the server is quite crowded with magic (loot table) weapons. If we were to make reasonable ingot craftable weapons without accuracy bonus, loot table magic weapon drop rate could be drastically reduced, making them rare again.
I know you favor the higher ingots for weapons Taran, but if Blackrock, Mytheril, Bloodrock, Gold, and Shadow ingots were used (vanq-ruin) then these craftable weapons would be pretty damn sweet. You could just go to a vendor and buy a mytheril bardiche for like 5k. Would really only be possible if there was a loot table weapon wipe though...

pedrodilara Wrote:Just make them drop no more... time will get rid of them

+1

Habibi Jones Wrote:Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a total weapon wipe, the server is quite crowded with magic (loot table) weapons. If we were to make reasonable ingot craftable weapons without accuracy bonus, loot table magic weapon drop rate could be drastically reduced, making them rare again.
I know you favor the higher ingots for weapons Taran, but if Blackrock, Mytheril, Bloodrock, Gold, and Shadow ingots were used (vanq-ruin) then these craftable weapons would be pretty damn sweet. You could just go to a vendor and buy a mytheril bardiche for like 5k. Would really only be possible if there was a loot table weapon wipe though...

+1 to this.

I definitely like the idea of making bowcraft more interesting. Right now unless you have BS/Tink, you are pretty limited in what you can make. Since silver weapons will be craftable, we might as well wipe them. I'm just worried about some younger players who are relying on silver weapons (not sure of the prevelance of this) who might find themselves in trouble after a wipe.