Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Removing Antimacro death gump

I think it would help the economy if the antimacro for mining and fishing were removed.

No way! It would strangle the last bit of challenge there is in crafting and completely ruin the economy. People would leave their mining macro on every night and prices of ingots would drop to nothing.

The fact that we can already use mining scripts to do all the work for us while we just have to check on it once every 3 mins is more than enough.

Well I can see your point, atleast make it less annoying, two in 5 minutes gets old =/

Sometimes you can get it two times in 5 mins, sometimes you can go for an hour without getting it.
It's very random and it needs to be for the reason Venos said. Without the antimacro gump the economy would indeed get screwed up.

Here's a tip though, you can use injection or easyuo to warn you when you get the gump, probably razor too.

You can do it with Razor. When you get the gump the first time, switch over to Razor and have it record you pressing the (?) button to open the gump. That will record that action, then add a pause of 60000 so that it tries to press it every minute. When you get the gump, it will automatically open the CAPTCHA page for you to put in the code. That way UO doesn't need to be in the foreground while it's running, but you still need to be there when it asks you.

Like Venos said, it's there because if it wasn't, people would go AFK for 3 days with a lumber/mining script going and make tons and tons of money without having to actually play.

In razor strangely after you restart razor the macro erases the line where it presses the button so you have to do it once for every mining session

instead of changing the gump maybe increasing the ammount of ore or lumber per secound that can be harvested could be nice, dunno the actual implication in economy

Morwen Wrote:instead of changing the gump maybe increasing the ammount of ore or lumber per secound that can be harvested could be nice, dunno the actual implication in economy

Well that would be about the same as if the amount of resources needed for the crafts would be reduced.

I do understand that people think crafts are very hard but if they are made easy then everyone would have them and no one would ever need to trade with other players. If trade dies then all that's left is pvp and that would be very sad for those of us who don't think pvp is the best thing in the world.

I love UO and IN and the player interaction and trade has always been the biggest points that have drawn me to UO.