Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

House / Statics / items Timed

I think that if a player has not played in 3 months there static / house should be erased and or auctioned off ? Hold an auction every 3 or 4 months and the same day every time. As if that char had passed away.

Just a suggestion seeing as running around I have seen a few houses sorta rotting there and was wondering if that causes lag / space issues ? Seeing as the shard is growing rather well...
not sure if there is a 3 month rule or something just thought it a neat idea for a world auction.

I'm inclined to agree, but remember that we can always add more statics. There are some players who know how to make really good statics using UOAR and will probably sell you a design for gold or items, etc. Staff can place the static for you, freeze it, and set it up as a house region. This is double-awesome because you have total control over what the static looks like, where it's placed, etc.
http://in-uo.net/info/housing-information

Right now you can have two houses without them decaying. The third house will always start to decay though (not true for statics).
If we get space issues we could lower it to 1 house without decay instead, or even that they always decay if we get really many players.

I spent a lot of time running around the world looking for a place to put my first house and I can tell you space is not an issue.

right now space is not an issue, but if you dont use a town static for a looong time i think it should be auctioned just like soma mentioned, there are a few nice statics at britain, near bank that i think the owner has long been gone...