Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skill raise gump

Suggestion: What about to make a dialog/gump (command) to look how long u must using skill to raise it. For example: I training anatomy using it on myself. Then I use .skill and dialog shows me that I need to use it 120 times to raise my skill for 0.1%.

That wouldn't be possible since the gain is completely randomized. Sometimes you might gain 1% in an hour, sometimes you can go for hours without gaining anything.

but isn't the randomization preset per each gain?
Meaning, for example: At 40.0 isn't it already randomized as to how many repetitions it will take to get to 40.1, and then the 40.1 to 40.2 repetition count is randomized?

How else would it work? =p The only other way I would think is that PER use of the skill it gives it a certain % chance to gain. I.E. Smithing would be 0.00001% chance per rep. at 99 lol

I'm not sure exactly how it works since Maka scripted it. But for example, from 40 it takes xxx reps to get to 60. From 60-70 xxx reps, etc. There in between it's randomized. So a gump like that wouldn't work.

If I remember correctly, it's simply a % chance to gain per skill level tier; not a randomized number of repetitions.

Yes it used to have a % depending on how many skill you got, your % chance will be X from 40 to 60 then it will be lower from 60 to 70 blabla . So you both are right! If I remember properly xd

Never seen the script but it sounds pretty much like Maka , as he had same hit system Tongue like - you had very good chance to hit 3 times in a row with GM the combat skill of a weapon you use + GM Tactic, but you would have a pretty low chance to hit fourth time, like REALLY low chance. And if you'd hit four times, then hitting fifth time would be as easy as winning 100 000 000$ in lottery. I suggest we have same system here as hitting 10 times in a row not so good thingy....

I remember the double-hit bug used to reset that "counter" though:/