Poll: Do you like this idea? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
42.86%
42.86%
No
28.57%
28.57%
I'd prefer it worked differently (please reply)
28.57%
28.57%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hunting Rewards

In the Wind Tunnels thread it was brought up that some people find hunting lacklustre. Either only a few places worth hunting, or that enemies don't drop varied enough loot.

I'm still pretty new and haven't really experienced hunting on this new shard much, but I thought I'd put up something I've seen in other shards.

Basically monsters are grouped into tiers, 1-5 and each tier of monster has a very, very low chance to drop a special bag with some kind of item that is scaled relative to the tier of monster that drops it. In one shard, this was called uniques. So a mongbat being level 1, could drop level 1 unique bags, which would have some kind of item with small bonuses, be they stat, skill, explosive damage effects. Sometimes dye tubs, sometimes deco items. A dragon might be tier 5, and can drop tier 5 bags with better rewards.

Just thought I'd put this up in suggestions as a response to that thread, see what people think.

I can already tell you this probably won't fly with them =p

I agree with you that hunting isn't very rewarding other than gold, and I also think that there are few good hunting spots.
Generally speaking, killing most monsters is pointless, which seems counter-intuitive heh.

I don't really agree with this idea about the bags because it seems a little TOO good. I do agree with that there isn't really enough loot on monsters to make them worthwhile and that there aren't enough 'good' spots, but really I don't have any ideas.