Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wind Tunnels on IN1

I remember Wind Tunnels being a pretty good hunting spot on IN1 but I don't remember what spawned there. Does anyone remember?

With the recent increase in playerbase it would be nice to have a few more good hunting spots.

If you don't remember or didn't play IN1, post your spawn suggestions here! Smile

i think it had some drakes and dragons in the tunnels and some kinda humanoid mages/warriors in the city part

there were drakes and dragons and i think a spawn...

I totally agree, there are only a select few good hunting spots IMO. I remember for sure a Beholder spawning there, when they used to drop those crystals used in the First Aid Kits (can't remember what they were called. I think it started with an "N").

I'm pretty sure a dragon or two spawned in there too, and maybe some drakes? I'm not 100% on this.

Another great hunting spot on IN1 was the portal outside trinny that lead to a small area with about 6-8 dragons, if you remember that place.

Atlas Wrote:Another great hunting spot on IN1 was the portal outside trinny that lead to a small area with about 6-8 dragons, if you remember that place.

I think that was leftover from a quest a gm forgot to clean-up. I just remember tons of mages and scribes, used to camp it for blank scrolls.

are you sure? I remember them dropping on all Beholders =o

Atlas Wrote:are you sure? I remember them dropping on all Beholders =o

I was talking about the room that had the 6-8 dragons.

oh hehe, i see. Well it'd be nice to have again either way =p

I think the easiest and best way to make more hunting spots is to make useless or worthless monsters useful and worthwhile. If you add % chances to drop rare items or quest items, whatever that may be, all the small monsters that everyone normally bypasses would become worthwhile and more sought after.
You wouldn't have to add more monsters necessarily, just edit the existing ones, so it's a win-win.

I understand rolling with tradition is a big thing on IN, but we have a pretty limited stock of available weapons and armors, especially for people who are not crafters, or who do not want to become crafters. Therefore, why not make available a slightly greater variety of armors or weapons to monsters, such as goblins having a % change to drop certain clubs or macing weapons, named and colored, or archers dropping bows, and so forth. And I completely understand not flooding the server with a huge variety of weapons and armors...I've been there and done that. However, our current variety is pretty limited.

Maybe one reason I feel the weapons are limited is because there are no Orb weapons and a few others =p
I.E. the HF, SOV, Firey Bow, Thunder Mace, (the dwarven colored spear for the earth ob), and the Aqua orb wep (if they ever implemented it). Those may be cool to have as well, but I've gone off topic! This is supposed to be about hunting =p

I remember that dragon room. I will recreate something there soon.

Yeah, I think they were Vampires. The names of BillyTheKid and Maniac ring a bell. They were easy farm with decent loot.