Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tales from tha Sea

Aye it be story time, ya landcrabs an wenches alike, gather around.

It was a morning like any other and Cantin being the pirate he was, was once again sailing on the high seas, chasing merchant ships and whatever their hold had of valuables.

Cantin had barely begun to eat breakfast when the mate in the mast yelled
"Ship spotted port side, Captain!"

Cantin partially grumpy since he knew the breakfast would have to wait, ordered the crew to follow the ship. Cantin took out his pirate scope to see what to expect and if firing the ships cannons were necessary.

While looking at the ship, Cantin thought about his happiness with no longer being in the lands of Britannia. He had too often been surprised by people and their often sporatic actions. As such he had been killed and robbed a fair amount of times. Cantin had decided to go back to the life on the sea, after finding a minor treasure, and had been fairly successful so far...

Suddenly Cantin got pulled out of his thoughts, by a loud crackling as a bolt of thunder, coming from a clear sky, splintered the mast of his ship.

"Aar there be sorcery in tha air mates!" Cantin yelled
"Fire tha...."

Before Cantin could say cannons an explosion ripped the helmsman of Cantin's ship, to shreds and destroyed the steering wheel. Cantin cast an explosion at the top of the hostile ship's mast, tearing the sail from its clasps and covering the hostile ship's deck in fabric.

Cantin quickly surveyed the damage to his ship and realized that it wouldn't be long before the fires reached the black power and killed them all. Being the only person proficient with magic, he knew that only he would be able to survive, if he teleported, alone.

Cantin didn't think twice about choosing himself over his crew and teleported onto the side of the hostile ship and grabbed a rope, remaining out of eye sight. He cursed silently to himself.

"Just ye wait until nightfall, ye scumpond drinking wizards."

Cantin waited and tried to figure out how many was on the ship, by the sounds of footsteps and voices, he counted it to be only three people, which puzzled him.
There was some off with the ship, it didn't sound right when it hit the swells and the hull didnt creak, he thought to himself.

Night came and Cantin was ready to wreck some havoc, but decided to take a more stealthy approach and crawled over the side of the ship and hid in the shadows. He could hear mutterings from the captain's quarters.

"It was a close call with the pirate vessel, luckily those types of low life never pose any real danger." One voice said. (We'll call him V1)
"We are near the harbour and we need to ready the cargo." a second voice said.
(We'll call him V2)

"Near land ?...I have to be quick then" Cantin thought to himself.

Cantin got out some scrolls and crafted a trap which would paralyze the first person coming out of the quarters and readied a fire wall spell. Looking up into the sky Cantin muttered.

"Ye be watchin me, of tis I be sure, I hope yer not squimish."

With that said, Cantin cast the already readied fire wall spell inside the captain's quarters.

"Someone made it onboard ?!" V1 yelled.
"It must have been someone from the pirate ship, so it shouldn't be a problem" V2 calmly stated.
"Go see to it then" a third voice said. (We'll call him V3)

As V1 came out the door Cantin saw his gilded mage robe glittering in the moonlight. V1 triggered the trap, paralyzing his every muscle, only lettin make a yelp, as Cantin skewered him with a Cutlass, which shimmered as the blood ran across its surface.

"Ye be tha one dyin tis time" Cantin said in a grim voice.

V2 cast a threw a cleaver at Cantin, which Cantin easily derouted midair with his Cutlass. V2 had been more clever than V1 and only used the cleaver as a distraction, meanwhile preparing a spell.

V2 let out "Kal Vas Flam!" and flames engulfed Cantin, and brought him to his knees.

"Silly pirate you antics are no match..." V2's eyes went wide as he noticed that Cantin had thrown a potion which now was headed towards him. Almost in slow motion you could see V2 thinking about what to do, but too late as the potion exploded and sent V2 flying, limp as a ragdoll, with a thud he hit the wall and fell to the deck.

Cantin chugged a healing potion and readied his cutlass for its last victim, but the last person didn't come out from the captain's quarters. Cantin didn't want to approach the door and become an easy target so instead he used magic to summon a blade spirit, which entered the quarters in search for prey.

A sudden sentence, which Cantin knew well, suddenly rang clear in the night.

"Kal Ort Por"...

Atleast I got myself a new ship Cantin thought to himself as he looked around to take
stock of the ship. He noticed V2 had begun to squirm, meaning he wasn't dead yet.
Cantin ran over to him with his Cutlass drawn, but realized that maybe this person had information about what was so important about this ship or its cargo.

V2 wore the same gilded robe as V1 had worn. He looked like something a mother would have killed upon giving birth and seeing him. Warped by something foul Cantin thought to himself.

Cantin stood over V2: "So yer not dead, survivin is a trait I dont be likin in landcrabs."

V2 laughed: "You're as dead as me, you're not the only one who uses traps."

Cantin began to run to the nearest railing so he could jump in the sea, but it was too late....

Cantin awoke on a beach lying besides driftwood.

"Tha gods mock me, tha sea should hav been me death..."

Cantin stood up a bit dizzy, wondering where he had drifted ashore...he saw a signpost and began yelling out curses.

"I knew ye just wanted tha torment me, ye sick goat lovin, swamp dwellin, pirate hatin, poo eatin, empty chest tormentin, horse fondlin, brain dead creatures!!!"

"I be havin me revenge on ye yet gods!"

Cantin began walking and saw a glimmer in the sands, it was his cutlass.

"Atleast I can count on ye" Cantin said looking at the shimmering weapon.

Cantin corrected his pirate hat and clothes and began walking.

As Cantin passed the signpost he sheathed his cutlass and mumbled

"Arr tis be true, returned I be."

The signpost read "Britain".

(END)
I am requesting a named and colored cutlass which is newbied.
I also have some other ideas which I would like to talk about ingame.

Nice Story Big Grin

Great story as always Smile Will talk to you ingame! Smile